Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

IOS 17.4.1 intermittent Wifi (2.4 & 5Ghz) disconnect

Hi,

Ever since I upgraded to latest version of iOS, my networking experience on Iphone 15 has degrded.

Initially I believed since this is my new phone and has been doing better therefore definitely there is no issue here, so I focused on troubleshooting my router and tried to alter various settings around WiFi like channel selection, Trx Power, token timeout etc. These all settings definitely boosted my WiFi power consumption (earlier with low consumption I had Optimal performance) except iPhone other clients connected to same WiFi network were working fine. For testing purposes I was playing 4k content, doing multiple downloads on clients device.

The network was stable with peak speed upto 500mbps.

Whereas on iPhone all though I do see such performance but it is very short.

With no exact duration of occurrences my iPhone was dropping connections and joining back to network.

To confirm my suspicions I enabled logging on router and the log traces do indicates it's the iPhone that is disconnecting from WiFi.

I tried every possible ways including one that is mentioned on Apple forums with similar issues, no luck.

Is there any way so that I can rollback to previous version ?

iPhone 15 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 2, 2024 12:55 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

IOS 17.4.1 intermittent Wifi (2.4 & 5Ghz) disconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.