Trying to add a new Yahoo email account to Mail (12.4) and it crashes

Hello I am having trouble adding an account to Mail app,

My ISP is Cox and they are no longer handling email, Yahoo mail will be taking/managing it. Yahoo asked me to sign in with my FULL Cox email address including @cox.net and use my current password. Yahoo then wanted me to create a new password, I did and I can get into the Yahoo webmail site.

I have used the mac Mail app and have added different accounts to it: Cox, Gmail, Yahoo. I am now trying to add the new version (cox email managed by Yahoo account). I opened the Mail app, went to Mail>Add Account, chose Yahoo entered the full name, entered the new password and the Mail app disappeared (crashed). I tried going to System Preferences>Internet Account, choose Yahoo, entered the full name, entered new password, and get the message, "there was an error in internet accounts preferences."

After logging into Yahoo webmail into *****@cox.net account, I get emails from Yahoo that someone has signed in from my location, (so account name and password are working fine).

I know there might be some trick to fix this. I am using an old MacBook Pro on Mac OS Mojave and Mail 12.4

Thanks for any Help

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Apr 12, 2024 8:08 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Trying to add a new Yahoo email account to Mail (12.4) and it crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.