Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone not working, cannot log into iCloud without a device

I have two iCloud accounts/iPhones - this account is for work purposes, and I am able to access it.

My other phone/iCloud is for personal purposes. It is an iPhone 15 Pro Max in great condition. This morning, I woke up to my alarm going off, but my screen remained black and would not turn on. I charge it on a cable, face down on my nightstand.

After some searching on the issue, I force reset by tapping Volume Up - Volume Down - Hold Power. When I tried to boot it up again, it showed the Apple logo on a black screen for a while before shutting off. This started repeating. After more searching, I plugged it into my MacBook (which is only logged onto my work iCloud) and tapped Volume Up - Volume Down - Hold Power until recovery mode activated. I didn't see the device on my Finder window, but I was able to get the proper popup to open (can't remember quite how, it was a hectic morning) on my MacBook to try to update the phone, as was recommended on other Community Support pages. My iPhone was already updated to 17.4.1. At the end, it was not successful. I got Error 1110. 06A3.0456. Since then, my iPhone has been turning on to the Apple logo, staying there a while, turning off, and repeating. All day.

Here's the thing. I can't get into my iCloud account because I have two-factor authentication turned on. My MacBook is only logged into my work iCloud, my VERY old iPad doesn't turn on anymore, and my new top of the line phone that was logged in is malfunctioning. So, I'm scared to try to factory reset/restore the phone, because I don't want to be locked out of my iCloud account forever. It's full of every photo that's ever existed of my deceased mother, sentimental photos, and important text threads. I've got $200 in Apple Cash sitting in the account.

Of course, NOW I see all of the options to add alternative recovery numbers and people, but that doesn't help me with where I'm at today. I didn't expect my new phone to brick. I don't even know how long ago I turned two-factor on, I can't find that email.

Do I have ANY way to get back into my iCloud account? I intentionally set it with a very long and complicated password, which I still have because it's in my password manager. That phone is the manager of a shared family with monthly purchases of 2TB storage. I have Apple Care+ with Loss and Theft. I pay for monthly Apple News. Would I be able to go to an Apple Store and show my ID/credit card that makes purchases to get back into my account? Again, I have the password, I have the phone itself. Please help.

Posted on Apr 16, 2024 7:04 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

iPhone not working, cannot log into iCloud without a device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.