Apple CarPlay [2024 Honda CR-V] Audio Latency Issues

Ever since the first day of my new car, Apple CarPlay (wireless) has had latency issues, but it is sort of weird. Instead of all audio channels being delayed, it is only the media channel that is delayed. Unfortunately, it is the most clear-sounding one. The others (phone, Siri, navigation, etc.) all come in instantly, but the media channel (for music, videos, and pretty much any other app other than phone, messages, maps, and Siri) comes in delayed by about 1.5-2 seconds. It can be extremely frustrating. The connection also curiously drops out in many exact locations, but it doesn't in other cars equipped with CarPlay, or even on the Bluetooth audio selection in my car. I would use the Bluetooth audio option, but the audio quality is completely shot.

Does anyone know of any fixes? I've tried everything I can find in settings both on my phone and in CarPlay itself. Short of factory resetting my vehicle, which would be annoying to switch all the settings back on, I cannot think of another potential solution to fixing this issue.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 12:16 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Apple CarPlay [2024 Honda CR-V] Audio Latency Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.