Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to deregister iPhone number when numbers out of service

I had a business device and used a personal iCloud on it. When I gave employer the phone back he sent me a message to my new personal cellphone claiming I needed to provide a pin to deregister iMessage and iCloud on business device. However after giving the code to him a message appeared and said phone number has been registered but it was my new personal device phone he deregistered, and he actually retired the personal phone to his business. Ever since I have issues with my service, I can’t send iMessages and I can’t deregister the number as he claims he disconnected the sim. But I believe sim is still on and he is tracking me still! How do I deregister that old employer phone number from my current device? I got a new sim and it didn’t change anything. And I can’t remove any MDM on personal phone as it doesn’t show the configuration profile. Help it’s been a year now!

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 11:59 AM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2024 12:31 AM in response to Drew_2680

Drew_2680 Sa9d:

"How to deregister iPhone number when numbers out of service: [...]However after giving the code to him a message appeared and said phone number has been registered but it was my new personal device phone he deregistered, and he actually retired the personal phone to his business.[...]"

-------

Deregistering a Phone Number:

Properly Handing Over the Device:

This is the site your employer should have used prior to handing it over to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. They should have know better. So, have them perform as instructed here, including the iCloud logout. If they don't then you will never be able to use it with your own Apple ID.

See here: Deregister iMessage on your iPhone or online - Apple Support

How to deregister iPhone number when numbers out of service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.