Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Cannot get compatible version of iMovie for Monterey and Purchases in App Store show nothing.

I recently upgraded from Mojave to Monterey and iMovie stopped working (no longer compatible), so I went to the App Store, but I can't get iMovie from the App Store because Monterey is no longer supported for iMovie (which is really dumb, by the way; Monterey came out in 2022). I cannot upgrade my OS any further.

Looking on the forums, someone mentioned going to App Store and looking under "Purchased" but it shows nothing there. I contacted Apple Support and they were useless (in fixing either the "iMovie" issue or the "Purchased" issue).

I don't understand why Apple cannot just

1. check your OS and give you the latest compatible version when you click "Get"
  2. clearly host previous versions to download as needed (like many companies do)
  3. be able to send you previous versions when you ask for them (again, like many companies do)

Not just for iMovie by the way, in general.

Any other ideas? Or do I just not get to have iMovie because of Apple's weaknesses?

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 1:22 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Cannot get compatible version of iMovie for Monterey and Purchases in App Store show nothing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.