Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Wallet detailed log?

Hi! I'm investigating a CC fraud case in which one of my credit cards has been added to an Apple Wallet that isn't mine. This card had been previously added to my own iPhone.

I wanted to know if it was possible to obtain a detailed log of which cards have been added to an iPhone Wallet (date/time/type of card). I want to be able to prove that the card had been added prior to it being added to someone else's phone.

Is this data hidden somewhere in the phone's memory?

Thank you advance for your help!

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 4:11 AM

9 replies

Apr 19, 2024 4:19 AM in response to harryflipflops

The same payment method can be added to two different Apple ID’s and devices. The bank that issues the payment has a record of what cards have been added to what devices. For example it shows one of my accounts added to my iPhone and my spouses. It also shows that same account, added to PayPal Wallet. The data that Apple retains is encrypted and anonymous, meaning it can’t be linked back to you.

Apr 19, 2024 6:43 AM in response to Jeff Donald

I understand this request might seem unusual, I'll provide more context.

I had a credit card on a few of my Apple devices (iPhone, watch). On March 7th, I received a bunch of notifications from my CC issuer for payments made with that card (all normal, I enabled these notifications).

These payments were made while I was working out at home, with all my devices with me. I immediately called my CC issuer to block the card. I then file a form to dispute these payments.

A few weeks later, I receive a reply from the CC issuer : They can't action anything, because these payments were made via Apple Pay, on an iPhone (allegedly) which was authorised via SMS code on my phone number on March 2nd.

The thing is: I did receive this SMS code on that date, but I was at home, and for the life of me, I can't remember if I was adding this card to another of my devices at that moment, which would explain the code.

What I'm very sure of, is that I was NOT adding it to my iPhone, because I had been using this card on my iPhone for a year already, and I did NOT do these transactions.

Summary: I want to rule out that this card was being added to any of my devices on that date..

Apr 19, 2024 7:19 AM in response to harryflipflops

You might want to search the term >sim swap<. Bloomberg had an article on it this morning, but there are YouTubes and other sources with details.

I’m not saying that’s what happened, but worth researching and educating yourself. Your cellular provider might be able to tell you if your account recently had the SIM card replaced. But social engineering, is a major cause of compromised accounts.

Apple Wallet detailed log?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.