Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone X screen went black…

iPhone X screen went black after a system update last year. It still works but the screen is black. It only shows the apple logo at startup, the restore screen, and the power screen when plugged in. I’ve done everything I’ve read about to try to fix it but nothing works. I’ve even done a full restore and updated the iOS several times but it’s still black. I also had the screen replaced but it still behaved the same. The phone is otherwise in pristine condition, not a mark on it and never been exposed to water. Because this is such a widespread issue, I feel like apple should offer free assistance. The iPhone is too expensive of an item to just toss in a drawer because it becomes useless due to some hardware or software issue. I think it will be my last iPhone. I’ve had iPhones since they launched but this issue has me thinking another phone brand is in my future.

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 7:46 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 19, 2024 8:00 AM in response to Hammxjam

Hammxjam Said:

"iPhone X screen went black…: iPhone X screen went black after a system update last year. It still works but the screen is black. It only shows the apple logo at startup, the restore screen, and the power screen when plugged in. I’ve done everything I’ve read about to try to fix it but nothing works.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop.  So, update using a computer -- refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Report this issue to Apple. It occurred after an update installation --something they should be made aware of. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: when this all began. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessa

iPhone X screen went black…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.