Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Where are deleted emails?

I'm using Sonoma 14.4.1 on a 2021 iMAC 24" computer and having problems with Trash.

The deleted mail used to be in the trash bucket, but now it just disappears.

I can't find them in the iCloud trash or on the computer trash—any help would be greatly appreciated.

iMac 24″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 4:14 AM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2024 12:42 AM in response to Recluse21

Recluse21 Said:

"Where are deleted emails?: I'm using Sonoma 14.4.1 on a 2021 iMAC 24" computer and having problems with Trash. The deleted mail used to be in the trash bucket, but now it just disappears. I can't find them in the iCloud trash or on the computer trash—any help would be greatly appreciated."

-------

Troubleshooting Lost eMails:

Retrieving eMails:

A. Open Other Folders: Look in the Trash ro Archived folders. See if they reside in there.

B. Check Other Device's Mail App:

• If Mail was enabled on your other devices (i.e. Mac) along with your iPhone computer, then check and see if the Messages app is enabled on it to see if it exists in it. For a Mac, you'd start up your Mac, not connecting to the Internet, and open the Mail app. Then proceed from there with retrieving the eMail messages.
  • IMPORTANT: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection. Go here to Learn how to Export it: Import or Export Mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Where are deleted emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.