Can’t see camera in devices, can’t see sd card.

I have a 2012 MacBook Pro running 10.15. My camera is a Kodak Pixpro AZ425. When I take pictures with the Kodak, they appear on internal memory fine on the camera for review. If i use an sd card, they appear on the card on the camera for review. If I connect the camera to the computer with a USB cable, the camera doesn’t appear in finder or in photos. If I connect the sd card to the computer, it doesn’t see the card, either using the built in reader or using an external usb reader. Doesn’t appear in finder or in system report, or in disc utility.

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 12:26 PM

8 replies

Apr 24, 2024 4:47 PM in response to TJustsun

Just the normal keyboard/bluetooth. When I have the external flash card reader plugged in, it shows the reader and the lights on the reader light up, but nothing. Occasionally, and only on the exterior reader, it will prompt me to reformat the card, but then if I did, I would lose my images that I need to extract. When I insert my backup card, it sees nothing at all and no prompt to reformat. The cards are 4 gb.

Apr 28, 2024 4:52 PM in response to BDAqua

So I got the pictures off and reformatted the card, but still can’t be seen either through the computer’s built in reader, the usb reader, or the camera plugged into the computer. I bought a new sd card, same result. Can’t be seen by any of my apple devices. Not visible in finder, in Photos, or in disk utility.

Can’t see camera in devices, can’t see sd card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.