Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Password was reset without notification

Hey,

So this morning I woke up with a notification on my phone saying that i need to "verify" the unit. I could do this on my other units, so I did on my Apple Watch, then I was prompted to change my password, and while I changed my password I got a error message that it failed. Note all of this happened in system settings, not some email or anything.

I found all of this odd, since I was just sleeping, and as a tech/apple nerd I have not one anything to prompt this.

I called Apple Support since this seemed fishy and all Apple services where working as they should. I spoke with him, and the only thing he could see is that I changed my password last light, something I didn't do. I also didn't get an email about this email change which is even weirder. He could not help me anymore, so what can I do? I'm not sure if I trust that my account is safe since my PW was according to them changed without my knowledge or prompting 2FA.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 11:37 PM

1 reply

Password was reset without notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.