Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Fake "Apple Ultra Watch"

I trusted a complete stranger that approached me on the Strip in Las Vegas. She had a sad story and had an Apple Watch and AirPods, brand new, still shrunk wrapped, that she wanted to sell me. I gave her $100. When I got back home a few days later I attempted to pair the watch with my iPhone, and was getting repeated errors, so I went to my local Apple dealer and they advised it was fake, albeit a good fake. I ended up buying a refurbished one from the dealer. He told me that he thought the fake Apple would work on an Android device. Someone else, not the Apple store, told me they thought that there might be a way to swap the Android OS out and replace with the Apple OS. Can anyone advise if that is a real option, and if so, how do I go about doing that?

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on May 8, 2024 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2024 1:08 PM

" Someone else, not the Apple store, told me they thought that there might be a way to swap the Android OS out and replace with the Apple OS. Can anyone advise if that is a real option, and if so, how do I go about doing that?"

Not at all likely. Consider this a lesson learned, sorry it happened to you though.

2 replies

May 8, 2024 1:28 PM in response to rkaufmann87

The only way I would have known that the watch was fake would be to open the sealed box and look at the back of the watch. The packaging and materials inside, including the warranty card, were all identical to the packaging and materials inside the watch I purchased at my Apple Store. My only consolation is that the AirPods that I got with the watch are real and work perfectly. So, $100 for AirPod pro is a good deal.

Fake "Apple Ultra Watch"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.