Different iTunes libraries

I have two different sets of music (standard & tuition) and I want iTunes to upload/sync each library to a different Apple device i.e. standard to iPhone, tuition to iPad. How can I set up iTunes on my PC to only look at one set at a time..? By definition, I don't want the two sets intermixed, I want to keep them completely separate.

Posted on May 10, 2024 9:29 AM

1 reply

May 10, 2024 9:41 AM in response to Baveni

You will need to create 2 separate iTunes Libraries, and then load whichever library you are planning on using at the time, when you open iTunes.

To do this, hold down the shift key on your keyboard when starting iTunes and it should offer to Make a New Library or load an existing one.

Create a library for one set of music, and then import the music into the library normally. When done, close down iTunes and repeat the process for the other set of music.

Now any time you need to change libraries, shut down iTunes and start it again with the shift key held down. Click on Choose library to navigate to where you stored the library you want to open and select the .itl file for it.

click here ➜ Use multiple iTunes libraries on PC - Apple Support

Different iTunes libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.