My MacBook Pro won't Turn on

My MacBook Pro will not turn on, but it was working fine yesterday. I’ve watched several videos that said to press “shift” “control” “option” and to hold down the power key, and nothing is working. I know the cord is working because it will charge my iPad. It has been plugged in for about 20 minutes and it still won’t turn on.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 22, 2024 12:05 PM

3 replies

May 22, 2024 12:59 PM in response to Pitbuddy420

Make sure you are performing the SMC Reset correctly (Intel Macs only) since the process has changed for the 2018-2020 Intel Macs with the T2 security chip.

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Try disconnecting the power adapter from the laptop & reconnecting it a minute later. Sometimes this simple act will help power on these laptops. Also try connecting the power adapter to another USB-C port especially on the other side of the laptop. Here is an Apple article with some other tips:

If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac laptop - Apple Support

May 24, 2024 5:08 PM in response to Pitbuddy420

Make sure to disconnect all other external devices in case one of them is causing a problem.

Make sure to connect the power adapter directly to the laptop since adapters, docks, & hubs may not allow the full power of the charger to reach the laptop.

If none of this helps, then you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop since it may require a hardware repair.

My MacBook Pro won't Turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.