Switching SIMs after Carrier Change

I am currently in the process of switching from Verizon to Mint Mobile. On both ends, everything is as it’s supposed to be — my phone number was successfully transferred, I have confirmation of my purchase and activation of my Mint Mobile eSIM, but the service still isn’t working.

For some reason, my phone number is still under Verizon’s physical SIM and it gives me no option to switch it over. I am also unable to delete or remove Verizon’s SIM so that Mint’s eSIM would become the primary. I have no clue what to do. Can anyone help?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on May 24, 2024 11:15 AM

3 replies

May 24, 2024 11:54 AM in response to koalabun7

The iPhone 8s shown in your profile does not support eSIM, so if you have an iPhone 8s, Mint is pulling your leg. You would have to have an iPhone XR or XS or higher model to support eSIM.

It sounds like the phone may still be locked to Verizon. Have you verified this with Verizon? You will not be able to switch service to another carrier until / unless the phone is unlocked by Verizon.

Tap Settings > General > About

Scroll down to locate Carrier Lock

What is the message there? If Verizon has unlocked the phone, the message will read No SIM Restrictions

Switching SIMs after Carrier Change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.