Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter does not work with Iphone 15 Pro and apple Lightning to USBC Adapter

Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter does not work with Iphone 15 Pro and Apple Lightning to USBC Adapter

I have an Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter that works fine on my Iphone 11 but when I try to plug it into my Apple Lightning to USBC adapter the phone just says "Accessory Not Supported. This Accessory is not supported by this device."

If I plug in a charge cable (lightning) into the Adapter, it will charge but no USB will connect to the Adapter.

The USBC to Lightning adapter works fine for charging and data.

Everything is official Apple product.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 10, 2024 3:54 PM

2 replies

Jun 11, 2024 12:58 PM in response to TriAdX123

The iPhone 15 Pro allows data transfers at up to 10.0 Gbps (USB 3.1 Gen 2 speed). There are USB-C to USB-A adapters that support this speed (the maximum possible for USB-A)

iPhone 15 Pro - Technical Specifications - Apple Support

The USB-C to Lightning Adapter limits transfers to 0.480 Gbps (USB 2 speed). So even if you could daisy-chain your adapters, that adapter would limit transfers to USB 2 speed.

About the USB-C to Lightning Adapter - Apple Support

Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter does not work with Iphone 15 Pro and apple Lightning to USBC Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.