Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Why is my Apple Music not working on Wi-Fi?

I'm getting this error on my iPhone and iPad when using my home wifi. I can play Radio channels, just not individual songs, and it's not happening on my MBP which is on the same network.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 14, 2024 1:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2024 10:06 AM

Same issue here. Often experience problems with Apple Music skipping tunes etc.

No network issue my end and works fine on eg. Spotify when Apple Music doesn’t.

would great with a fix because these problems just renders the service useless!

38 replies

Jun 18, 2024 1:28 PM in response to freezerb123

Same here. Some track will play if I put a playlist on shuffle, but I can't select a song myself and play it. And then, if on a station or even on playlists, more tracks will be skipped then not. But, using apple music on my laptop on the same network works just fine. started on my ipad air 4th gen 5 days before my iphone 12 mini.

Whats the fix, Apple?

Jun 24, 2024 11:55 AM in response to freezerb123

Same problem here. Can’t play Apple Music on WiFi and getting error message “ Network connection lost”

skipping true alle tracks in playlist. Works fine on 5g and my son’s WiFi .

I can’t fix it and guess my solution now will become cancelling my subscription

Iphone 15 and iPad 23. Starting after last update from apple.

Jul 27, 2024 12:18 AM in response to ludovica96

So here in Denmark it seems to be a problem with a security product that one of the network suppliers use. This eledgedly blocks the ports that allow to pass through the music stream. There is a whole topic on it in the flatpanels Forum. YouSee is working on it but doesn't have a solution or a time frame. In the meantime I have been forced to opt out and cancel my apple Music family subscription as it does't let me stream music on wifi. I have many friends and other family members that have also cancelled their subscriptions for the same reason.

[Edited by Moderator]

Why is my Apple Music not working on Wi-Fi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.