You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Netflix app disappeared from Apple tv

Netflix app disappeared from my Apple TV and I can see it in the main menu

hiw can I get it back

Posted on Aug 1, 2024 5:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2024 8:25 AM

I just purchased a brand new Apple TV 4k 2022 for my parents not even 2 weeks ago and at first there was an app store & netflix was there but I turned it on yesterday and suddenly there's no more app store and no netflix instead there's a list of 20 available tv apps like Amazon Prime Video but no Netflix anywhere.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that we activated a Apple TV Free Trial subscription. Either way this is really annoying I'm considering returning the thing.

29 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2024 8:25 AM in response to Mickitchen

I just purchased a brand new Apple TV 4k 2022 for my parents not even 2 weeks ago and at first there was an app store & netflix was there but I turned it on yesterday and suddenly there's no more app store and no netflix instead there's a list of 20 available tv apps like Amazon Prime Video but no Netflix anywhere.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that we activated a Apple TV Free Trial subscription. Either way this is really annoying I'm considering returning the thing.

Aug 4, 2024 9:31 AM in response to PeteCA05

Nothing to do with the Apple TV trial subscription. Remove power from the device, wait a couple of minutes, plug it back in.

You have 14 days from the date of purchase to return with no questions asked. But you might try calling Apple Support for help as you have a 1 year warranty that includes free support.

Aug 15, 2024 12:29 PM in response to sventek_

void_ranger9 wrote:

Netflix again makes decisions that harms their customers' experience. I'm not at all surprised.

Netflix has decided to stop supporting a device that was last sold almost ten years ago and uses an operating system that Apple hasn't in any ATV since. How long do you think it's reasonable for a company to support technology the make of the technology doesn't even support?

Sep 2, 2024 9:22 AM in response to AttackCatt

AttackCatt wrote:
There are plenty of 2nd and 3rd generation AppleTVs still working today, so I’d say that Netflix (and Apple for that matter) should support them as long as the hardware is still working.

You will spend big time searching for a manual typewriter and big bucks buying one. Then try and find a typewriter repair shop. I believe the last one in New York City closed a number of years ago.

Aug 1, 2024 6:28 AM in response to Mickitchen

Netflix has chosen to discontinue support for the legacy 2nd and 3rd generation model Apple TV box.

How to use Netflix on your Apple TV - Netflix Help Center

↳ [since early June, until recently:] “(!) Netflix will no longer be available on Apple TV (2nd generation) and Apple TV (3rd generation) after July 31, 2024.”

↳ [now:] “NOTE: Netflix is available on Apple TV HD (4th generation) and later.”

The users of the app on this model device should have seen a message concerning this inside the app as well.

To solve this, you will need to use a more modern streaming device. E.g. Apple TV HD (4th generation) or later. Consider the current model Apple TV box.

Aug 8, 2024 3:20 AM in response to CSSME

My Netflix, Hulu, youtube disappeared from my apple tv since august 1st, is anyway to recover it ? Without to buy a new apple tv ?

What is your model Apple TV box?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

What is its version system software?

For the legacy models Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) [A1378, A1427, A1469] (2010–2013), the mentioned three services have discontinued their support for these models at different moments.

Netflix: per 2024-08-01,

Hulu: per 2022-10-03,

YouTube: per 2021-03-xx.

For later model Apple TV boxes, these services continue to support Apple TV.

Netflix app disappeared from Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.