You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Apple ID mail account password

Have old iMac, iPd 19 gen and iPhone 14 Plus that are synchronized. Using one gmail account that I was using with two diffent passwords;one for surfing on the internet and the other password for Apple ID.

After a recent update, I started receiving notices that I was using one password for both n that I was compromising my Apple ID account.

Was finally able to open my Apple ID account using this compromised info, but once in, cannot find how to change the email and password for the Apple ID account as well as the password, but to date have cannot find how to do this. Instruction give me the run-around. Need help badly. Thanks

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Aug 12, 2024 9:56 AM

1 reply

Aug 12, 2024 10:13 AM in response to Chick 72

Your question is a bit confusing.

Your actual Gmail password and your Apple ID password are not related to each other in any way.

You can manually set them to be the same sure, but they are in no way connected to each other. Changing one, does not automatically change the other.

If you need to change your Gmail password, you can do so from the Gmail website directly.

If you need to change your password for your Apple ID, that happens to use your Gmail address as its user name, the you can do that either directly on your iPhone or at https://appleid.apple.com

click here ➜ Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

and here ➜ Change Google Account password - Google Support

Changing Apple ID mail account password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.