Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime Registration Problem

The first time that I used Facetime on my Mac it worked perfectly fine.. that was right after I installed it.. but ever since, i have not been able to log in. My Apple ID and password are correct but it keeps telling me that the server encountered an error processing registration and to please try again later but it still won't work. What do i do?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 11, 2010 6:27 PM

115 replies

Dec 12, 2010 10:24 AM in response to SteveK12

SteveK12 wrote:
The first time that I used Facetime on my Mac it worked perfectly fine.. that was right after I installed it.. but ever since, i have not been able to log in. My Apple ID and password are correct but it keeps telling me that the server encountered an error processing registration and to please try again later but it still won't work. What do i do?

Welcome to Discussions, SteveK12

Try shutting down everything. Then restart modem, router (if you use a separate device), and Mac in that order. Allow each devices' self-test to finish before starting the next. Then test FaceTime again with no other apps running.

Mac Pro Quad Core (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Mac OS X (10.6.5); MacBook Pro (13 inch, Mid 2009) 2.26GHz (10.6.5)
LED Cinema Display; G4 PowerBook 1.67GHz (10.4.11); iBookSE 366MHz (10.3.9); External iSight; iPod4touch4.2.1

Dec 24, 2010 6:57 AM in response to Morgan88

Morgan88 wrote:
Mine did the EXACT same thing. I shut everything down... restarted.... no change. I even deleted the FaceTime app and reinstalled it. I Still can't get it to work.

Help anyone?

Welcome to Discussions, Morgan88

You say "EXACT same thing." 

Do I understand correctly that you:

  (1) tried to activate FaceTime in Ontario although you show "Alabama" as your location, and

  (2) received a message that the server encountered an error processing registration ?

If so, how long did you wait to try again?

Did you continue to try for at least 24 hours?

We may be able to offer specific suggestions based on the details in your response.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac Pro Quad Core (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Mac OS X (10.6.5); MacBook Pro (13 inch, Mid 2009) 2.26GHz (10.6.5)
LED Cinema Display; G4 PowerBook 1.67GHz (10.4.11); iBookSE 366MHz (10.3.9); External iSight; iPod4touch4.2.1

Jan 1, 2011 9:20 AM in response to SteveK12

I had the same problem, and found the solution in other thread:

"This worked for me: (make sure Facetime is closed)
1. In Spotlight type in "Keychain Access"
2. There will be a certificate issued by Apple iPhone Device CA - This certificate was signed by an unknown authority. Delete this certificate (or move it to the desktop, out of the keychain access store)
3. Launch Facetime and login - this time there will be no error..."

from: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=12561111

Facetime Registration Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.