Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime badge won't go away.

So recently, i missed a call on facetime and when I checked on my dock, there was a missed call badge. I opened facetime, went into missed calls, and cleared it. I then exited the app and the badge on the icon was still there, and yes, i did try to remove it from my dock and then open it through finder:applications:facetime. any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 6:25 PM

39 replies

Jan 11, 2017 9:14 AM in response to macman314

I just had this happen to me too...but it looks like I found a simple fix...I'll summarize my situation briefly.

I had an iphone and a MacBook Pro (MBP).

I had them both connected to the same appleid.

When I got a new phone, it wasn't an iphone.

At the same time I got an ipad.

The ipad is also connected to the same appleid.

On the MBP the badge showing missed calls said 42. There were only 2 entries in "recents".

The 42 seemed to reflect the history on the iphone that had been completely erased and reset to factory default.

I opened and viewed all entries in the history on the MBP...the badge persisted.

I opened and viewed all entries in the history on the ipad...the badge persisted.

I cleared all of the history on the ipad...the badge persisted.

Here is what finally worked:

In the Facetime App on the MBP, Ictrl-clicked in the blank space below the history.

"Remove all recents" appears.

I clicked it.

I did this for both the "Video" and the "Audio" call histories.

The badge disappeared.

To test, I had a friend call me via Facetime.

I did not answer.

The badge appeared with the number '1'.

I opened the Facetime.

I viewed the call.

The badge disappeared.

All good.

I hope this helps anyone else that stumbles across this post...I tried many/all of the other suggestions in the thread without much luck. These simple steps did it...not sure why old calls from a device that is no longer connected to my appleid persisted, but it is fixed now!

Nov 3, 2011 12:12 AM in response to macman314

Same here, I HATE IT. !😠!

I just fixed this on mine, and I think this is what did it:

1) Quit Application

2) Right click on Facetime icon in dock

3) Click on "Show Recents" near the bottom

4) Screen should show dimmed desktop, clear of all app windows

5) Click anywhere and it should return to the previously occupied desktop, minus the missed call badge on the dock icon.

note: This is after I cleared the missed and recent calls in a furious frenzy, so I'm not sure if this will show other calls or missed ones if one hasn't cleared them yet, but in the future, I'll just keep all my missed calls and click the arrows for info on each one, perhaps I deleted the call without checking the info and the badge got stuck...

Anyway, hope this helps.

Dec 30, 2012 1:59 PM in response to david ralley

I think I found a fix. I cleared my entire recent list. Then I closed all my apps (double tap home button, holding the icons and pressing the red minus). After that I shut down the iPad (hold the power button for 3 seconds and slide the red bar). I wanted a few seconds and turned it back on and then the notification were gone along with all my recents. See if it works for all of you.

Jun 18, 2015 10:24 AM in response to macman314

I Had this on my iPad Air. I've only recently activated FaceTime and had a badge of 6 missed calls when I had only tested the system once. I discovered that there were some missed items under Audio Calls that were missed calls before I even started using facetime. Once I cleared these (By clicking on each one) the badge icon finally went away.

FaceTime badge won't go away.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.