Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

weather widget not working

As of today, the standard Weather Widget is not updating on 10.5 or 10.4 Macs, both at work and home. Wondering if AccuWeather is having an issue.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 3:32 PM

89 replies

Feb 12, 2017 9:26 AM in response to IceDeveloper

This solved my problem. I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12.3 on a a MacBook Pro Mid 2012.

Be sure to restart in Recovery Mode, run Terminal, disable Integrity Control with "csrutil disable" and reboot.

Once you reboot, copy weatherParser.js to /System/Library/WidgetResources/.parsers/ using Terminal, don't drag and drop on Finder, this was a huge mistake I made and took me hours to realize why the solution wasn't working.

Second option is to edit /System/Library/WidgetResources/.parsers/weatherParser.js and change modifications stated in commit #2, it's just adding 4 lines of code, can be done with nano editor without difficulties.

https://github.com/gonzalorodrigo/osxcalendarwidget/commit/e44cd39dd782105e01f31 2b704ab87da8c782dfe

Thanks!!

Nov 10, 2011 2:59 AM in response to RckWrightFromEvansville

Got a reply from Accuweather within hours of my contacting them... amazing.

Here's their reply, which isn't amazing:

The application you are using was developed by a 3rd party manufacturer. AccuWeather only supplies the weather data and cannot support the application itself. Please contact the store where you purchased the device or the device manufacturer for support. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Console log says "Fetching data failed". Does the Weather widget go directly to Accuweather, or is it blocked somewhere else?

Curious. Does Apple have a hand in this failure?

weather widget not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.