Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log into iCloud with Apple ID

When I try to log into iCloud on my Windows 7 64-bit PC, with it running alongside iTunes 10.5.2.11, I am given this error message:

User uploaded file

"Cannot Sign Up - This Apple ID is valid, but is not an iCloud account."

I have checked repeatedly for updates to my operating system, as well as iTunes and my iPod Nano. I've made absolutely sure to type in my login info carefully and correctly. What is going on here? So frustrating...

Message was edited by: Rebecca Ripple

iTunes 10.5.2.11-OTHER, Windows 7, 64-bit

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 5:03 AM

35 replies

Dec 18, 2011 7:04 AM in response to Kawayuppie

I have never used mobile.me, but I can't get around this any more easily. I wonder if the staff at Apple know about this? It seems to be a problem many, many users with Macs and PCs alike are having. If only there were a way to contact them directly to find out... that is, without having to buy a new Apple product or pay a bunch to send them an email or two. Lol... No harshness intended, Apple, but please have a fix for this soon! Thanks.

Message was edited by: Rebecca Ripple

Apr 9, 2016 7:50 AM in response to Rebecca Ripple

Here also the same problem. Rather ridiculess that this problem exists. So the question is: how do i get an iCloud account, because it seems impossible to login with the Apple ID. So I expect somebody from Apple to fix this problem.

Apr 9, 2016 7:50 AM in response to Rebecca Ripple

Hello Rebecca and all the other persons,

I think I know where the problem is. You can login with iTunes to the Appstore with your AppleID but after that you have to create a pay account with your creditcard. And that costs money except offcourse for your free discspace. I don't need an iCould store so I stop with the efforts to get one. I wish you all the best and good luck.

Let me know if I am correct.

Jan 23, 2012 9:33 PM in response to Rebecca Ripple

i read in another discussion that a guy create his account in a mac, and then went to his pc, so i tried this:

WENT TO A FRIENDS IPAD2, ON "STORE", CHANGE THE APPLEID, THEN WENT TO ICLOUD ERASE HER ACCOUNT AND WRITE MINE IT CREATE MY ICLOUD ACCOUNT, THEN WENT TO MY PC AND TRIED AGAIN AND IT WORKS, NOW I HAVE IT ON MY PC, ERASE MY ACCOUNT ON HER IPAD2 AND RESTORE HERS, NO INFO LOST AND MY ACCOUNT PERFECT...

PS: sorry i dont speak english very well

Can't log into iCloud with Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.