Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS app for recording iPhone/iPad screen as a video.

Is there any free iPhone/iPad app that can record iPhone/iPad screen as a video with the front facing camera and export the video to the camera roll?

If yes then can anyone please give me the ITunes link ?

If no then I am planning to write an app that will be able to do this task and it will be free. So how does it sound ? Feel free to give any suggestion if you have...

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 9:36 AM

55 replies

Mar 16, 2013 5:53 PM in response to Partho Biswas

I use a 3rd party application for Mac called Reflector. You get a free, 10 minute trial but you can just restart the app to have another, endlessly. It works by using Airplay from your iDevice and streaming it to your Mac, with the skin (if you'd like one) of an iDevice.

You can either use another screen recording sofware or use the built in recorder that comes with the app.

May 12, 2013 9:55 PM in response to Partho Biswas

DEAR SIR,

There is such a thing and it is Display Recorder. The App Store version if you've been wise enough to make a frequent copy of your mobile apps folder in iTunes. You see, when an app like this that's too good to be true starts

digiging a little too deep into the Apple, there is usually an update that renders it an electron paperweight or too intense for older devices.

When this happens, you simply locate your copy of your mobile apps folder, search for the older version of the app and click on it. iTunes will open and inform you that you are trying to install an older version and you must

be a horrible person. Delete the current version off your device and install the older one. Sometimes you have to actually drag and drop it onto the representation of your devices app screen in iTunes.

Mind you making these folder copies do take up a great deal of hardrive space after awhile and its good to pick out your favorites and keep them somewhere on your computer away from iTunes.

Of course being a Mac user, most of you guys probably don't bother to make redundant back ups and do strange things like this unless you've come up being a paranoid PC builder and hacker like myself. Of course you don't have the old version anymore. Right? But someone does and can put it on a thumb drive for you. Also, you can transplant your iOS device backups or rather make copies of them from an itunes back door and stash them away if ever you want to restore your device to a much earlier state. Yes. You can. It's very stick shift and takes time, and possibly a fat external hard drive or the such, but Apple wasn't back engineered from the Roswell crash.. You can make any machine or device your own.

Always have extra storage drives and a good back up program that makes an image of your system every

single day. And occasionally ghost one of those images onto an external drive, label it with a date, and tuck it in your

sock drawer. I'm still running a few Windows '95 programs or plugins in 7 Ultimate. Yes. Yes you can.

And yes I love to rant.. Sorry. Long story short- find an old version of the installed app, click it, fix it, use it. I think I'm going to start a blog now.. Lol. Hope this helped.

Robb

<E-mail Edited by Host>

iOS app for recording iPhone/iPad screen as a video.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.