Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won't remember usernames and passwords after iOS 7 upgrade?

Ever since I upgraded I have to re-enter my password and username on all of my sites. They would remember me before. I do not have this problem on my iPhone just my ipad. Any suggestions?

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 6:05 AM

ME TOO!!!!! I have all the appropriate "Passwords & Autofill" settings turned on, and the information I previously asked it to remember is listed under "Saved Passwords," but all login pages are blank when I navigate to them (both on my iPhone and iPad.

I even deleted them and tried them fresh, but when I select "Go" after entering usernames and passwords, the devices no longer prompt me as to whether or not I wish to remember them.

Frustrating!!! Hope this is a quick bug...

69 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2013 6:05 AM in response to Janky123

ME TOO!!!!! I have all the appropriate "Passwords & Autofill" settings turned on, and the information I previously asked it to remember is listed under "Saved Passwords," but all login pages are blank when I navigate to them (both on my iPhone and iPad.

I even deleted them and tried them fresh, but when I select "Go" after entering usernames and passwords, the devices no longer prompt me as to whether or not I wish to remember them.

Frustrating!!! Hope this is a quick bug...

Sep 23, 2013 12:26 PM in response to mouseeneer

Yes, I saw the other thread and am in the process of switching all my bookmarks to Chrome. I also tried Apple "support," which provided nothing and referred me to one or the other of these threads, which only confirm that this is a problem with no solution.

In the process of trying to make Safari save passwords, despite the promise that the rest of my data would not be lost, the reset deleted all of my Notes. Because of these problems, so far I hate iOS7 and am considering reverting to iOS6.

Sep 24, 2013 12:38 AM in response to mouseeneer

Just login to Amazon, Netflix and other sites in Safari. For each site after I entered the username and password, then after I pressed the "Log In" button, a pop-up message box appears:

Save This Password?

You can view and remove saved

passwords in the Passwords &

AutoFill section of Safari settings

Save Password

Never for This Website

Not Now

This pop-up message is new after the iOS 7 upgrade that just started to appearing in the last few hours.

iPad won't remember usernames and passwords after iOS 7 upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.