Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no wifi ios 7.0.4 iphone 4s

My wifi is no longer working. Problem occured a few weeks after OIS 7 upgrade. Current version is 7.0.4

The wifi is greyed-out in the settings and if I use the new IOS 7 shortcut my phone freezes completely and needs rebooting.

Prior to upgrade I have never had wifi problems.

I have tried to reboot, to restore, shut down and wait... etc.... no change

Downgrading to IOS6 would be great if possible

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 3:39 AM

34 replies

Nov 24, 2013 12:42 PM in response to gertgeisler

Don't waste your time!!!

And your money!!!

You can fix it and trust me all apple will say is o replace it....

I know this might sound crazy, but trust me and just try it! There is no harm!

1) prepare a blow dryer and have your phone with you...

2) Blowdry you phone on and off (10sec on and 2 sec off) since you don't want to distort your phone...

3)Blowdry till your phone says the temperature is too hot so you can't do anything unless a emergency call

4)once cooled down it may be already connected to wifi, but if not restart your phone

5)give me feedback

I hope I'm saving you $200...

no wifi ios 7.0.4 iphone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.