Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes update to 11.1.4 failed ERROR 7 (Windows error 126)

iTunes update failed. Ended with error 7 (Windows error 126) and ask to reinstall.

After reinstallation I get missing MSVCR80.dll

I run Windows 7 Pro all updated.

Help, can not sync my iPhone.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 12:10 AM

I have the same problem! Help! No iTunes; no updates!

90 replies

Jan 23, 2014 6:37 AM in response to MarioLavallee

I fixed it by following recommandation in this tread :

msvcr80.dll

It's a brute-force approach but it worked out.

here's how and who recommanded it:

otacon72 and turingtest2

Re: msvcr80.dll
22 janv. 2014 23:13 (in response to Maisa)

Go into Programs and Features and uninstall all of these items in the following order:

• iTunes
  • Apple Software Update
  • Apple Mobile Device Support
  • Bonjour
  • Apple Application Support

Reboot, download iTunes, then reinstall, by right-clicking the downloaded installer (exe file) and selecting Run as Administrator.

Should fix the issue

Jan 23, 2014 7:47 AM in response to MarioLavallee

So I have seen this approach work sometimes and sometimes not. I had a similar problem with the last version where if I tried to access the store part of iTunes (I was fine in the library), then it would crash. That uninstall method worked the first time, but the second time I had to copy a file from the Common Files area to the iTunes folder specifically. I believe it was QTMovieWin.dll. Then the last version allowed me to access the store.

Now after updating to 11.1.4, I get the same error (error 7, Windows error 127) which is followed with:

The procedure entry point ?videoTracks@QTMovie@@QBE?AV?$Vector@V?$RefPtr@VQTTrack

@@@***@@$0A@VCrashOnOverflow@2@@***@@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\WebKit.dll. The file is there but obviously I can't access WebKit.dll to see what is inside it.

I also found this older article (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3074) regarding an Error 7 (though it's for Windows 7) which deals with the .NET Framework. I believe I updated it and I still get the same error on launch.

Any ideas on this one?

Jan 23, 2014 7:58 AM in response to turingtest2

Yes this did work! So I checked if that file was there before and it was HOWEVER, it was an older version from September I believe (probably from the last version) that didn't get replaced with the update. But the one from the Common Files was a new version from 1/20/14 for me. Can't believe I didn't realize this. Thank you! So if people have this problem, make sure to check the date on the QTMovieWin.dll file

itunes update to 11.1.4 failed ERROR 7 (Windows error 126)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.