Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Major Apple Mail Issues with GoDaddy

I am having MAJOR ONGOING issues wiht Apple Mail that is negatively impacting my ability to work. It's gotten to the point of complete frustration and just considering going back to a PC, it's THAT horrible.

1) I do not regularly receive emails from 2 of my 4 GoDaddy accounts in Apple Mail. Sometimes emails will appear if I close Apple Mail, and then reopen. Sometimes they never appear in Apple Mail. Sometimes they appear randomly - and sometimes they again disappear. Everything is configured correctly (and the same as the functioning GoDaddy accounts) so I know it is not the setup. I NEED TO RECEIVE MY MAIL!

2) I can't move/delete/change anything from the same GoDaddy affected account inboxes in Apple Mail. I file the emails into folders on my Mac, and as soon as I click on another message, they reappear in the inbox. Same if I delete them. I've rebooted, tried a million different settings, delete the account all together and readded, and nothing works. So I have a jumped inbox of several hundred messages, and no matter how many times I file/organize/move/delete emails, they all just go *poof* back into the Inbox. What gives?!

I am so frustrated and my inability to work is more than a small problem at this point. I work in digital marketing, so to say that I need a functioning computer with a functioning email program is an understatement. This Macbook Pro cost over $3k and is less than a year old...funny how for that price I'd just expect it to work.....

I've read through multiple threads on this issue, and tried a million and one fixes, all to no avail. Reboot. Recreate email account. Change password. Update account settings. Test different account settings. Tried with and without SSL. Sometimes it works for a few minutes or if I'm really super lucky, a few hours...but always goes back to these issues.

Is there any resolution in site?

My Computer:

Macbook Pro Retina 15" Early 2013

OS X 10.9.2

Mail 7.2

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 8:56 AM

48 replies

Mar 27, 2014 9:28 AM in response to cjmillar82

Step 1, take a deep breath and relax.

Step 2, the Mac is not the issue

Step 3, pay attention to the GoDaddy email configuration.

Answer all of these accordingly.

Have you tried deleting and adding the accounts back one at a time?

What message protocol goes GoDaddy support? If you are using POP, have you tried IMAP?

What does GoDaddy say about mail client configuration?

Have you tried using webmail?

Have you tried forwarding your GoDaddy email to another email acccound like iCloud?

Mar 27, 2014 9:58 AM in response to chattphotos

chattphotos wrote:

Step 1, take a deep breath and relax.

Step 2, the Mac is not the issue

Step 3, pay attention to the GoDaddy email configuration.

Answer all of these accordingly.

Have you tried deleting and adding the accounts back one at a time?

Yes, repeatedly. Same thing happens

What message protocol goes GoDaddy support? If you are using POP, have you tried IMAP?

Tried both POP and IMAP. IMAP works better. As mentioned in OP, I have multple GoDaddy accounts. All the rest work. 2 are having these issues. ALL GoDaddy accounts have identical configuration, so I know they are properly set up.

What does GoDaddy say about mail client configuration?

See above reply.

Have you tried using webmail?

Yes, works fine. All messages are there. Issues is not with GoDaddy, but with Mac.

Have you tried forwarding your GoDaddy email to another email acccound like iCloud?

Yes, this also works fine, however I need my work signatures for my different clients/programs hence the separate accounts in Apple Mail. Again the issues is with the Mac.

1. thanks.

2. the Mac is the issue

3. already done

Notes above.

Mar 27, 2014 11:58 AM in response to Eric Root

Eric Root wrote:

Apple support article.

Get new Mail - workaround

Information only.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4546928

Yes, I am familiar with that process, it's a workaround, NOT a solution. That means I basically have to guess to see if there's any urgent emails from clients, and keep taking the account offline and back on to check for new mail...

Mar 27, 2014 12:04 PM in response to cjmillar82

That alone points back to an issue with the communication to the mail server (or setup)

The push/fetch is all sorts of screwed up.

On my IMAP setup with Gmail, iCloud, and two University Exchange accounts, I have no delivery/sending problems.

What's your firewall/security setup?

Have you tried a different Mail client app?

Sparrrow?

Thunderbird?

Postbox?

Mar 27, 2014 12:27 PM in response to chattphotos

Again I have multiple GoDaddy accounts, and only 2 are affected ALL are set up exactly the same. There is nothing wrong with the setup. This is (apparently) a known GoDaddy/Apple Mail issue, though from everything I can find, each points the finger at the other and no one is fixing things.

I have no firewall/security as I work from home, for myself, and live in a very remote area.

Here's some other people with similar issues:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5196998?answerId=23444891022#23444891022 (did the TLS Cert update, as well as several other suggestions such as rebuilding mailboxes, etc.)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5477165?start=45&tstart=0 (tried the fixes suggested in this thread already)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5196998?start=30&tstart=0 (considering trying AirMail, but never used that before - need to research add'l options as I need signatures, etc.)

Mar 27, 2014 12:42 PM in response to cjmillar82

cjmillar82 wrote:

Again I have multiple GoDaddy accounts, and only 2 are affected ALL are set up exactly the same.

How many accounts do you have? Something new I have noticed with Mavericks Mail is that I often get a "too many simultaneous connections" error.

So, can you try something for me? Configure all of your accounts correctly. Then, disable (via Mail > Preferences > Accounts > account > Enable this account = NO) all but one. See if that works. Then, go through each account and do the same thing. Disable all the others, including the one you just tested, and check each one by one. It woubl probably be a good idea to quit Mail between each attempt.

If my theory is correct, each account should work fine individually. But if GoDaddy is rejecting too many connections from a single machine, that could be the cause.

Mar 27, 2014 12:57 PM in response to etresoft

I have 4 or 5 I think. Whenever you disable one then reenable it, all mail works for a while. At the moment I seem to be getting mail - though it's intermittent still.

Could be a GoDaddy issue, but regardless, it used to work prior to the last update to Maverick. It's weird that only SOME GoDaddy accounts aren't working, and it's always the same two (the most important two!) that have the issues.

Mar 27, 2014 1:35 PM in response to cjmillar82

cjmillar82 wrote:

Could be a GoDaddy issue, but regardless, it used to work prior to the last update to Maverick. It's weird that only SOME GoDaddy accounts aren't working, and it's always the same two (the most important two!) that have the issues.

I don't think so. I think Mavericks does something different. I have the same problem sometimes. I also don't think it is any particular GoDaddy accounts. I think it is just that those two important accounts get checked last and all of the other accounts are still tying up network connections. I think if those were the only two accounts, it might work better. Or, at least, it could prove or disprove my theory.

Mar 31, 2014 8:51 AM in response to cjmillar82

Well I'm glad I'm not alone on this. There is something that has changed on the Apple side that has created this problem. I'm not saying its broke I'm just saying that they changed something that has broken the reliable communication between GoDaddy and this Mail client.

I'm in the same boat. I need this to work. I have no issues with my iOS devices just the Mail app on my Air and iMac. I have two other IMAP accounts from another provider that work great. Spoke with Godaddy this past Friday and I must say this was the first time I was not helped and actually was ****** off after the phone call. They basically said they are not supporting Apple Mail any longer and that I should change mail clients or switch providers. Can you believe that?

So having said that, what Mail apps are people using on their Macs rather than the Mail app?

Apr 2, 2014 3:30 PM in response to razzz

Thunderbird is easy to install and it works perfectly. Personally I prefer Mac Mail and will return to it when it's fixed, but until they do, Thunderbird is the a good alternative. Also, it's not just GoDaddy email that's affected. Mail currently doesn't work with ANY of my email accounts, including Charter.net, Bresnan.net and gmail.

May 25, 2014 6:56 PM in response to cjmillar82

GoDaddy's email service is, in my experience, frankly terrible. Their spam filtering is somewhat heavy handed and acrchaic which is a good enough reason to move by itself. If I were you I would ditch it and move to a more modern system as soon as you can. If you must keep GoDaddy email then use a Google mail account or something to retreive from GoDaddy first.

I don't like bad-mouthing a company, but you get what you pay for.

Simon

Major Apple Mail Issues with GoDaddy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.