Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why are only certain pictures from my camera roll showing when i want to upload on instagram?

Why are only certain pictures from my camera roll showing when i want to upload a picture into Instagram?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 11:42 AM

I have tried what you suggested but it is not working. I Have 398 photos in my "recently added album" and when i try to upload a picture onto Instagram only 98 photos show up. It seems like i have every photo option on , l have tried turning off certain photo options to see if that will allow all my photos to be viewed, but no luck!! It was working perfectly fine when i first purchased the Iphone 6 two weeks ago and i recently noticed this setting acting up. I've even deleted the app and restarted it. =/

26 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2014 11:42 AM in response to Msvee87

I have tried what you suggested but it is not working. I Have 398 photos in my "recently added album" and when i try to upload a picture onto Instagram only 98 photos show up. It seems like i have every photo option on , l have tried turning off certain photo options to see if that will allow all my photos to be viewed, but no luck!! It was working perfectly fine when i first purchased the Iphone 6 two weeks ago and i recently noticed this setting acting up. I've even deleted the app and restarted it. =/

Oct 15, 2014 10:28 AM in response to Msvee87

Have you enabled the "Summarise photos" option?

With "Summarise Photos" on, you will only see a subset of your photos in your "Moments" view.

You may want to disable it.

By default, Photos displays a representative subset of your photos when you view by year or by collection.

To see all your photos, go to Settings > Photos & Camera, then turn off "Summarise Photos".

May 22, 2015 12:28 PM in response to Msvee87

Same issue here. I've tried deleting the app, restarting the phone and reinstalling. I also tried changing the various setting for the photos app.

For me it's been this way for at least a couple weeks. I unfortunately didn't take note when it first occurred.

My only thought left is that perhaps a corrupt image, or an odd image type, say a gif, png, NEF, etc, is causing instagram to choke and stop loading photos. I haven't tried looking or testing for this yet. It seems daunting when you have thousands of photos. This is pure speculation, FYI.

It's a shame that instagram was bought by fb. There is no real support anymore.

Jun 2, 2015 2:00 PM in response to Msvee87

I had the same problem where Instagram was only "seeing" certain photos in my different folders. It turns out it was caused by have the iCloud photo library being turned on. Instgram was only able to "see" the photos saved on my phone, but having iCloud turned on confused it somehow so it wasn't even seeing all of the photos saved on my phone and I also didn't know what was actually on my phone and what was in the cloud.

After going into the Photo and Camera setting, I deactivated "iCloud Photo Library", "iCloud Photo Sharing", and "My Photo Stream" for good measure. Then I was able to access all of the photos that were saved on my actual phone and not in iCloud. I now have "My Photo Stream" active again and that hasn't caused any issues. Now I just know I have to actually put the photos on my phone that I want to upload into Instagram which is sort of unfortunate, but better than not being able to see all of the photos. I hope this helps others!

Jul 9, 2015 6:29 PM in response to Msvee87

FIgured it out. Seems the issue is to do with photos in the cloud and not on the phone. So to force the photo to appear in Instagram, go to the image on your Photos app and then 'Favourite' it. Then, reopen Instagram and go to the Favourites album and it should appear ... might take a few moments to download. Once uploaded to Instagram, you can un-favourite it if you like.

why are only certain pictures from my camera roll showing when i want to upload on instagram?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.