Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 sound vibration

i just got my iPad Air 2 and the speaker vibrates whenever I play video or music even at low volume. Is this a common problem?

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 11:58 AM

141 replies

Oct 24, 2014 3:41 PM in response to alexfrompittsburgh

I returned my iPad Air 2 today because of the vibration problem. It feels like your fingers are getting electrical stimulation and is very uncomfortable. In my discussions with Apple reps, they seemed unaware and unconcerned. It's too bad because the device had a really great display, but for me the vibration was unacceptable on a device costing this much.

Oct 24, 2014 10:17 PM in response to steadfast70

I believe Apple still honors no-fee returns within 30 days as they do with iPhones?

I've owned every model except first-gen 2012 iPad Mini & iPad 4 --- and I have to say this design is the first I have seen exhibit a lot of noticeable vibration (the original 2010 iPad had some vibration, as I recall but nothing like this). I'm still one day into ownership here, so I'll see how I feel about it in a few days.

Honestly, though, if it's due to the thinner design - it seems thinner than iPad 2 to me (which was to-date the thinnest iPad?). Probably not a lot we probably can do with this iteration except: 1. go back to iPad Air 1 or 2. wait for Apple's next release cycle to correct it, if it gets enough complaints.

Me? I think I'll stick with the tri-core A8X CPU performance (almost as fast as modern light desktop CPU, w/ Geekbench scores close to mid-2013 Macbook Air i5 scores!) and also the 2GB operating RAM (first iOS device to have more than 1GB RAM). I have never, ever seen my iOS apps run this fast and be this responsive. If I didn't value the performance bump as much I do, I might have considered returning if the vibration annoyed me.

Sure, Apple could have kept the same thickness as iPad Air 1 + the A8X & RAM size enhancements in this generation, but if this is my only path to this kind of performance -- I probably won't be returning it.

My .02 -- I know for most these aren't the cheapest devices and your use-case may not match mine where performance is a big deal. I do wonder is "vibration-gate" coming? If the vibrations a product of the design, I'm sure the tech blogs will be reporting on this in 3.....2......

Oct 25, 2014 12:42 AM in response to PlanesWalkerZ

I read thru the return policy

iPhone/iPad return policy

If you are not fully satisfied with your iPhone/iPad purchase, you can return your undamaged iPhone/iPad to the Apple Online Store within 14 calendar days from the time you receive your iPhone(s)/iPad(s) for a refund. A 25% open box fee will be assessed on any opened unit (per unit). A 15% restocking fee will be assessed on closed box returns (per unit). Please visit online Order Status or call 1800-MY-APPLE to request a return. The iPhone/iPad must be returned in the original packaging, including any accessories, manuals, and documentation.

So it there is a requirement for me to pay the 25% open box fee, do this mean it is equivalent to 25% of the price you pay for IPAD?

Regards

iPad Air 2 sound vibration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.