Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 screen rotation not working

iPad Air 2, 64 GB. After updating to iOS 8.4 screen rotation NOT consistently working. I have verified the screen lock setting in the control panel Is NOT set and I have done several hard resets (hold power button and home together). rotation works for awhile then stops working, another hard reset fixes it. This did NOT happen with iOS 8.3. Anyone else seeing the problem?

iPad Air, iOS 8.4, iPad Air 2

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 6:26 PM

My home screen wasn't rotating after updating even though the rest of my iPad did rotate correctly. A reset did the trick for me.

144 replies

Jul 1, 2015 8:51 AM in response to happycard

I had done the over the air update To 8.4. I Went back to 8.3, but my backup was from Dec 2014. Decided I lost to much data. I did the update back to 8.4 connected to ITunes, I am not seeing the problem. so possibly it's a problem with the over the air update, which was only 187 MB Versus 1 Gb plus full the ITunes update.

FyI - in ITunes you can turn off auto syncing by doing

EDit -> Preferences -> Devices tab

there is a check box mid screen for auto syncing. Uncheck the box, click OK.

iOS 8.4 screen rotation not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.