Question:

Question: Can't change Country/Region after cancel Apple Music membership !

I can not change Store Country on my iPhone after cancel membership (turn off Automatic Renewal), still always get message "To change stores, you must first cancel your Apple Music membership". How can I do ? Please help me, thank you.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Jul 2, 2015 10:18 PM in response to ThomTho1979 In response to ThomTho1979

I have just heard back from support, and here is their reply: "in order to change countries, you will need to allow this subscription to expire. That means you have to wait for 3 months for the expiry of the subscription. I am sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused to you." 😠

This is unlike Apple, Steve Jobs would have never allowed something like this. I have been preaching for Apple most of my life, but this time I am very disappointed.

Me as a customer am forced to wait 3 month for the trial to expire, what does this mean ? I should have been warned before engaging in this trial then, if only I knew I would have never engaged so fast. They should have put a little warning sign: "Trying Apple Music will block you from changing countries for the next 3 months" ...

Jul 3, 2015 7:40 AM in response to Stack22 In response to Stack22

The support teams answer is actually outrageous. I'm switching app store regions with a purpose: because I'm commuting between two countries on a weekly basis and need different apps from different purposes in different countries. This black pattern created by Apple makes me impossible for instance to update my banking app in Austria or to use a gift card what I just got. It doesn't seems to me justified to wait 3 month in order to update an app or to use a gift card just because I signed up to a free trial of apple music and don't have the possibility to cancel the trial. This is ridiculous and and the worst user experience I ever had in the past two years. Not to mention that kind of a first impression to me about ios, as this happens a week after I switched from Android to ios.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Jul 2, 2015 12:29 PM in response to ThomTho1979 In response to ThomTho1979

I have the same issue / black pattern trap. I canceled my membership,still can't change the store region as the error message keeps popping up. Pretty frustrating, as I've got a gift card and because of this I'm unable to use it. Please fix it asap, and make some QA next time before release 😉

Jul 2, 2015 12:29 PM

Reply Helpful

Jul 2, 2015 10:18 PM in response to ThomTho1979 In response to ThomTho1979

I have just heard back from support, and here is their reply: "in order to change countries, you will need to allow this subscription to expire. That means you have to wait for 3 months for the expiry of the subscription. I am sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused to you." 😠

This is unlike Apple, Steve Jobs would have never allowed something like this. I have been preaching for Apple most of my life, but this time I am very disappointed.

Me as a customer am forced to wait 3 month for the trial to expire, what does this mean ? I should have been warned before engaging in this trial then, if only I knew I would have never engaged so fast. They should have put a little warning sign: "Trying Apple Music will block you from changing countries for the next 3 months" ...

Jul 2, 2015 10:18 PM

Reply Helpful (56)

Jul 3, 2015 4:29 AM in response to fmarquesmadeira In response to fmarquesmadeira

Yes man, it's really not cool to be coerced like this, where is the customer freedom in such a policy ?! I would honestly prefer to cancel this trial right now, and start paying... If I was given the chance to change countries ! Put a customer is such a situation is terrible... Not a good policy at all...

I preached for Apple all my life, I believe in them.. Steve Jobs is a true inspiration to me, and I am sure this is not something he would have wanted.. You just don't impose stuff like this on customers... A customer is the one paying the bill in the end, he should be treated like a KING !!!

Jul 3, 2015 4:29 AM

Reply Helpful (3)

Jul 3, 2015 7:40 AM in response to Stack22 In response to Stack22

The support teams answer is actually outrageous. I'm switching app store regions with a purpose: because I'm commuting between two countries on a weekly basis and need different apps from different purposes in different countries. This black pattern created by Apple makes me impossible for instance to update my banking app in Austria or to use a gift card what I just got. It doesn't seems to me justified to wait 3 month in order to update an app or to use a gift card just because I signed up to a free trial of apple music and don't have the possibility to cancel the trial. This is ridiculous and and the worst user experience I ever had in the past two years. Not to mention that kind of a first impression to me about ios, as this happens a week after I switched from Android to ios.

Jul 3, 2015 7:40 AM

Reply Helpful (19)

Jul 3, 2015 7:50 AM in response to bcsom In response to bcsom

Yes man, to me Apple are good guys, they will listen sooner or later... I know them, I have been following them for 20 years now.. But everyone needs to complain and explain their problems... Find the feedback link above ! Write them... They need to hear your story with the bank app...

Jul 3, 2015 7:50 AM

Reply Helpful

Jul 3, 2015 10:10 AM in response to ThomTho1979 In response to ThomTho1979

I am also having this issue. Unable to change country for Itunes/App Store due to Apple Music subscription. This is totally unacceptable and I am not prepared to wait 3 months to change Itunes store, especailly for apps that I have purchased! Guys/Gals, what's the best way to escalate this to Apple??

Jul 3, 2015 10:10 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: ThomTho1979

Question: Can't change Country/Region after cancel Apple Music membership !