Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not recognized in iTunes 12.3

I have iTunes 12.3 installed on a laptop running Windows 10 and cannot get my iPhone 6 plus with ios 9.0 to be recognized to sync or backup. The troubleshooting indicated it may be incompatible with USB 3.0. What can I do to resolve this issue? Thank you

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 7:36 PM

162 replies

Sep 16, 2015 10:11 PM in response to Macdutson

I just restarted my computer and I've ran into the same issues again. Strangely enough when I carry out the same steps, Windows is claiming that there are no drivers in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

I changed the path to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\ which seemed to work.

One thing this has also affected is Personal Hotspot, it doesn't seem to work via USB

Sep 16, 2015 11:41 PM in response to TTY_TOM

If you are running a 32-bit windows, change the path to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

For USB hotspot, there is another device in Device Manager missing a driver. Go here to fix it:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\NetDrivers for 64-bit

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\NetDrivers for 32-bit

iPhone not recognized in iTunes 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.