Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't delete billing address from wallet or apple pay

So moved over to the phone 6s, did a restore from backup, and have noticed that in my wallet, my apple pay credit cards are defaulting to an old address I had in my profile a while ago. I have the option to delete, which I do and it keeps coming back. Tried removing all my cards from apple pay, reinstalling, new cards, etc and the address keeps populating as an option, and every time I delete it from wallet, it appears whenever I go back. This address does not exist in my profile anywhere in my address book, I even recreated a new profile with a different name (added my middle initial).

Any thoughts? The only thing I can think of, which I don't want to do, it do a complete wipe and reinstall everything manually.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2017 10:17 AM

Problem solved. Your iPhone thinks your home address is still your old address. Ask Siri to take you home and I bet Siri will take you to your former address. Go into contacts and chose yourself and change your home address to your current address. Then go into Apple Pay settings and delete the old address out of billing and shipping. (FYI my new address was in their twice. I tried to delete one of the 2 and it came back but when I deleted the other it was gone for good so try deleting both and 1 will go away)

116 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2017 10:17 AM in response to Markusck

Problem solved. Your iPhone thinks your home address is still your old address. Ask Siri to take you home and I bet Siri will take you to your former address. Go into contacts and chose yourself and change your home address to your current address. Then go into Apple Pay settings and delete the old address out of billing and shipping. (FYI my new address was in their twice. I tried to delete one of the 2 and it came back but when I deleted the other it was gone for good so try deleting both and 1 will go away)

Apr 3, 2017 9:52 AM in response to papjo

@papjo I will let you know if/what I hear from AppleCare (Wed at the earliest). My phone was exchanged for an unrelated issue earlier in the year, it did not make a difference in my case.

I did, however, find a small glitch in my bank's address system that seems to have corrected the billing address in the iPhone Wallet app, as well as in the Apple Watch Wallet app. For example...

User uploaded file

I will delete any of the incorrect addresses, selecting only the correct one, tender the purchase, and later go back to find all three of the incorrect addresses remain.

Apr 4, 2017 12:48 PM in response to papjo

Same issue happened to me with two different cards but from one bank (BofA).

Apparently, BofA had separate addresses for all of my accounts (!!!) so I had to finally call in and speak with someone to get it sorted. At the moment, it works but the obsolete addresses pops up now and again for in-app purchases, sometimes in Wallet, never in Apple Watch. Overall, Apple Pay works fine so I gather this is a "glitch" of some sort.

If you guys do nothing else, remember to send feedback to Apple.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-pay.html

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

I already sent one (1) to each link, and again after each update (10.3.1 (14E304). In the meantime, here's hoping for a fix soon.

Jun 15, 2017 3:57 PM in response to Markusck

Your mileage may vary but this is what I've seen so far...

• I've had the iPhone 7+ replaced already (Genius Bar) and tried another Apple ID. I spent two hours with a genius who couldn't understand why it was doing it, either. Issue returned.
  • Called my bank (BofA) for the third time, they refreshed/re-refreshed my address in their system, assured me the old address was purged from their system, as well as Apple Pay.
  • Tried using Apple Pay on new/replacement iPhone 7 with same CC/Debit card # with Starbucks app to refill my rewards card. Sbux requires your billing address.
  • My debit absolutely would not go through with my current/correct address as it did a few weeks ago but would only go through with old billing address; it did not have this problem several weeks ago when I was on phone with BofA, the bank rep (in the Apple Pay Dept, they said) had me test it on the phone and it worked, now it doesn't.

Now, in the meantime...

• My BofA CC card (Visa; not debit) was replaced because of another one of those lovely "security breaches" so I have a new CC # all over again.
  • Updated Apple Pay with the new Visa CC#, deleting the old Visa CC# that would perpetually harken back to my old address.
  • The new Visa card now only uses my new billing address, the issue disappeared entirely with the new CC #.

I'm not saying it is or isn't Apple Pay itself, or the bank but once the CC # was changed, the issue disappeared entirely for the afflicted card on my iPhone 7+. I suspect when my Debit # gets replaced, the issue will disappear for that card as well.

If I were a betting person, my money is still with the bank (pun intended) as the main contributor to this problem. When I spoke with a senior advisor several weeks ago, he was pretty confident the issue remained with the bank because Apple Pay was less a payment system, more a conduit for payment processing; addresses, in particular, are the business of the bank, not Apple, or so I was told. I'm not saying he is wholly accurate but when I spoke with the bank (BofA's Apple Pay Dept. Yes, literally.), that point was confirmed as accurate.

Your mileage may vary but I suspect this is what happens...

The Digital Card CC # that Apple Pay creates is obviously tied to the bank; the bank confirms or rejects billing addresses; Apple Pay keeps the last "known good" address; New Addresses that check-in as "good" replace the previous good address so long as the bank doesn't reject it. Apple has little-or-nothing nothing to do with the information flow between the Digital CC # and the bank but keeps track of "known good" material. When I reset/restore an iPhone, it keeps the last-known good card, and asks for the 3-digit code on the bank of the card to confirm it.

The only way to truly know is if someone who has a competitor or Apple Pay (Samsung? Android?) and sees if the same behavior as we are seeing with Apple Pay holds-up. I'm willing to bet it does, and it's the bank that is causing the problem for most of us.

In the meantime, the best workaround I've seen, while hardly ideal, is to get a replacement card from the bank. That really fixed it for me, and this was after three (3) separate calls to BofA'a "Apple Pay team."

Good luck, friends.

Feb 5, 2017 11:52 AM in response to TexasWeatherGirl

That's very odd. I had the same issue as the main forum post. Deleting old address from Apple Pay just to have it reappear over and over again. Then it dawned on me that my iPhone address may be old so I a google how to change my iPhone address and was told to change my personal contact information in my contacts. I did that in my personal contacts went back into Apple Pay deleted the old address and clicked done in the upper right corner. Do not click cancel in upper left as I did that by accident first. It was then gone. I also had the issue where my new address was their twice so I deleted both of my new addresses and clicked done in the upper right corner went back in and my new address reappeared from my contact list once and all other addresses were removed . Dumb that Apple Pay pulls from your contact list address but this was the solution for me. Since this didn't work for you I would go into an Apple Store and see if they can help you figure it out. Others should try this since I'm 100% positive this worked for me and was the exact issue from the main forum post.

Mar 7, 2017 12:08 PM in response to andrewjobes

I see this issue has been going on for over a year. I have the same issue with my iPad Pro. The addresses are correct on my phone but nothing I do on my iPad corrects this. I've deleted both addresses and did not add one, going back to the previous screen and the old (incorrect) address is displayed again. Under my Apple ID/iCloud billing the new, correct address is shown. As the others have stated my old address does not appear anywhere else, not with the issuers, not with Apple. Only in the Apple Pay screen on this iPad.

I even went to the trouble of doing an erase of all content and settings and then an iCloud restore. The old address popped right back up. Fortunately it has not caused any problem in using Apple Pay on the device, no rejections or anything like that but is extremely annoying.

If anyone can get this resolved I hope they post back here.

Apr 1, 2017 4:22 AM in response to Oso Grande

My address was corrected on all sites after I moved last year. All my other Apple Pay devices, phone and watch, showed both old and new address. I deleted the old one and selected the new address and there was no issue. On my iPad Pro nothing I do can change the address to the new one. It always reverts to the old address almost as if it's hard wired into the iPad's circuitry.

And I've tried every tactic known to man. I've even wiped and restored the iPad. The old address no longer appears anywhere, not with my bank accounts, not with any Apple service, not on any device, contact list, utility service, voter registration, drivers license. Nowhere except this **** iPad.

Apr 1, 2017 1:50 PM in response to papjo

I just got off the phone with AppleCare. The last representative I spoke to essentially did nothing, now I have to go through the whole process over again. They suggested wiping and reinstalling the phone, Setting it up is brand-new. If that doesn't fix it, they're going exchange the phone. Seems like a lot of work for something that appears to be a software issue.

Apr 2, 2017 1:57 PM in response to Oso Grande

As others have tried and suggested, wiping the iPhone and setting up as new (not from backup) did nothing. The old addresses remain despite swiping to delete.

Anyone else had luck getting this resolved? I won't hear back from AppleCare until probably Wednesday at the earliest. I'm out of ideas, and I've tried everything I can think of, or read to try.

can't delete billing address from wallet or apple pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.