Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes store layout messed up after upgrade to 12.3

After upgrading to 12.3 on a macbook pro osx 10.10.3 the itunes store for music layout is messed up. Almost not usable. Tried to install itunes again. No luck there.

Thanks,

Ronald

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 11:30 AM

There appears to be an issue at Apple End nothing to do with your system

34 replies

Oct 10, 2015 12:05 PM in response to RpronkAmsterdam

I have the same issue, on two different Macs (iMac and Mac Mini). Since this morning, and I did not install anything new, when I open iTunes, the top scrolling banner with the latest Movies, TV show or music is working fine, but the lower part where all the usual items icons with tiles are is completely scrambled, looks like it is all in one column.. and when I choose a topic... there is a very messy overlay of text and images... very bad. Completely unusable. As I did not install anything and it happens on different machines, it looks as an issue at Apple side.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I am on OSX El Capitain 10.11 . iTunes 12.3.0.44

Oct 11, 2015 10:49 AM in response to Dalek1976

Just called support again -they say it a server issue which they are working on.

I reported this last night and hoped it would have been fixed by now -the Apple status page reports everything is fine, when it not for a number of users.

I have seen people saying they have been advise to remove and delete files and saying this is nothing to do with Apple side of things - seems odd that so many of us are having this issue - I'm going to sit tight rather than start messing around with files

Oct 12, 2015 1:26 AM in response to RpronkAmsterdam

Exactly the same here. Two macs iMac on El Capitan, Mac mini on Yosemite - same as Gianguido's screen shots. Started on Saturday with nothing new installed on either machine. Looks like it is trying to show the mobile version on a desktop as you get glimpses of the correct layout when you first enter the store but it then reverts to this single column version.

Doesn't look too good Apple! Been three days now!

Oct 13, 2015 12:50 AM in response to RpronkAmsterdam

The issue had been fixed from the Apple servers side. if when you open iTunes you still see the same messed up screen, you need to manually clear the iTunes cache... for a Mac, need to close iTunes, open finder, get to Library folder and clear in the cache folder anything has to do with iTunes ( com.apple.iTunes) and then restart iTunes.

On Windows it cleared cache automatically.

Itunes store layout messed up after upgrade to 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.