Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.1 causing app store issues

hello, i have updated my iPhone 6s to IOS 9.1, which claims to fix in issue with app store downloads and game center log in.

strange enough, i started having these issues after the update, i never faced it with IOS 9.0.2. now i'm unable to use the app store for any download, and i can't access game center either. i'm even facing some wifi connectivity issues. so basically, IOS 9.1 gave me the issues that it was supposed to solve 😕

i have tried hard resets and restores, i have lost some valuable data and apps along the way, nothing worked. i'm using iTunes on my macbook to install apps for the time being. but any idea how to fix this ? never in 6 years i faced issues with iPhones. so i guess now apple have broken my virginity.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 8:21 AM

It seems I may be having the same issue, though I haven't had a chance to restore yet (I'm trying to avoid that).

I've tried rebooting the iPhone (6s), resetting network settings, signing out and then trying to sign back in, which sometimes it will let me sign in, but most times it just doesn't do anything.

App Store says I have no purchases, Apple Music doesn't recognize that I'm on a Family Plan (I'm the creator of the Plan), etc. This is all when it does happen to let me sign back in.

281 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2015 8:21 AM in response to Drashad86

It seems I may be having the same issue, though I haven't had a chance to restore yet (I'm trying to avoid that).

I've tried rebooting the iPhone (6s), resetting network settings, signing out and then trying to sign back in, which sometimes it will let me sign in, but most times it just doesn't do anything.

App Store says I have no purchases, Apple Music doesn't recognize that I'm on a Family Plan (I'm the creator of the Plan), etc. This is all when it does happen to let me sign back in.

Oct 23, 2015 12:32 PM in response to pinkoos

this is really getting on my nerves. game center now is working, but apple music and the app store are still dead. now, even after i install apps through my macbook, it again goes back to loading on the iphone. it's really frustrating, how can a fix bring the same issues ? i was ok with 9.0.2, 9.1 spoiled my phone..

i'm gonna email apple support and see if i can get a response.

Oct 23, 2015 8:42 PM in response to Drashad86

I'm having a similar issue since yesterday but it also affects radio stations where I can't play them anymore and I also can't add music to my library. Another weird thing when this is happening is if I sign out of my iTunes and App Store account in settings or sign out of Apple Music, I won't be able to sign back into either unless I restart my iOS device (this problem is happening on my iPhone 5s and iPad Air 2). Very frustrating.

Oct 24, 2015 9:00 AM in response to Jackleg23

Just downgrade to 9.0.2, apple is still signing it, it's very easy, just download the software from any website, u can find some through google, after connecting ur iphone, hold down the options key on ur mac and select update, then selec the 9.0.2 software and itunes will install it on ur device. Very easy, but u should do it fast before apple stops signing it, they could do it any moment without notice

Oct 24, 2015 1:26 PM in response to Drashad86

On all 4 of our family phones (6plus, 5s, 5c), a few hours after each upgrade we lose the ability to use almost anything Apple.

Apple Music doesn't play, App store acts the way you describe. A complete cluster-F.

Downgrading all our phones to 9.0.2 was the only thing that helped.

I'm furious. I've never had an issue like this ever on any of our phones.

Oct 26, 2015 11:03 AM in response to Jackleg23

It is absolutely fixed for me by downgrading. The issues I was having are all gone.

Unfortunately, I lost all my health/activity data in the process of downgrading (not sure why) and my health and activity apps no longer work (ie, the activity app doesn't sync with the activity logged by my Apple Watch and the health app doesn't either).

Oct 26, 2015 11:39 AM in response to pinkoos

What they're experiencing is not really the same issue though since our problem specifically affects apps connected to the App Store and iTunes account (App Store, iTunes, Apple Music) and is not just a syncing problem but these services are pretty much broken altogether when I'm signed into my App Store account on iOS 9.1. Also, if I sign out of my App Store account (I have to restart my devices after because the screen just hangs there like it never signed out) I can stream radio stations again from Apple Music, of course that's not a real solution for obvious reasons.

iOS 9.1 causing app store issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.