Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.2 causing lag in Logitech Create keyboard for iPad Pro

iOS 9.2 has significantly weakened the performance of the Logitech Create keyboard for iPad Pro. It had been instantly responsive--one of the very best features that made the combo feel like a laptop. With 9.2 keys strokes are dropped left and right, and there's a noticeable lag in the key appearing on screen. Very, very frustrating. I saw it referenced in this thread:

Re: iPad Pro smart keyboard shortcuts stop working

And I've seen a mention on Twitter too. What's going on? Has anyone talked with Logitech?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 10, 2015 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2015 10:38 AM

I'm having the same issue. After 9.2 update the Logitech Create keyboard on my iPad Pro is basically unusable because I'm having to go back and fix so many dropped keystrokes, rearranged letters, etc. There is also a noticeable lag from when I type to when the characters appear on screen where before it was instant. Must be something software related because it was right after the 9.2 update that it started happening.

86 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2015 10:38 AM in response to jeffpooley

I'm having the same issue. After 9.2 update the Logitech Create keyboard on my iPad Pro is basically unusable because I'm having to go back and fix so many dropped keystrokes, rearranged letters, etc. There is also a noticeable lag from when I type to when the characters appear on screen where before it was instant. Must be something software related because it was right after the 9.2 update that it started happening.

Dec 10, 2015 10:47 AM in response to jeffpooley

I posted about this, too.

iPad Pro - Physical keyboard sluggish after 9.2 update

It's driving me nuts. I'm wondering if anyone using Apple's Smart Keyboard is seeing this issue, or if it's only users of the Create. If it's only the Create, then I wonder what our chances are of Apple resolving an issue that only affects a third-party accessory.

I have a Genius Bar appointment tomorrow, so I'm planning on testing the first-party case at that time. If it yields anything useful, I'll share it here.

Dec 10, 2015 10:54 AM in response to samwise8585

Yeah, it's driving me crazy too! I primarily bought the iPad to write and was in heaven with it until the 9.2 update. Apple worked with Logitech closely to develop the Create case to have it ready at launch of the iPad Pro so I'm hoping the two will continue working together to fix this issue.

Let me know how your appointment goes. I'm about an hour away from an Apple Store so going to wait to hear how your appointment goes before making an appointment myself.

Dec 11, 2015 12:23 PM in response to ashnazg411

Just got back from my Genius Bar appointment, and the Apple Smart Keyboard worked perfectly. If they'd had one in stock, I probably would have bought it, but they didn't, it has a 4-5 week wait in the online store. I'd prefer to keep using the Logitech keyboard, since I like the key travel, and it feels sturdier in my lap, but if this doesn't get fixed within a week or so, I'm going to have to pursue something else.

Dec 12, 2015 9:04 AM in response to jeffpooley

Thanks. I have received no reply from my support ticket with Logitech. The lag is so bad that I can't really use the iPad Pro anymore--and I had been using it very happily as my main computer. Like Samwise, I am afraid I'm going to have to return this and get Apple's smart keyboard, which apparently doesn't have the problem. I'm not confident that Logitech support will be able to do anything, and I can't wait for anything iOS point release to (potentially) fix this problem.

Dec 13, 2015 9:26 AM in response to jeffpooley

I Bet Logitech is scrambling (at least I hope they are). As people buy new iPads and bring them home and update to 9.2 before use, everyone is going to think the Logitech keyboard is a piece of garbage and return it because it won't be working right.

Hopefully Apple can fix this software bug in a 9.2.1 update that come SOON!

Let me know if you hear anything.

Dec 15, 2015 7:57 AM in response to fouxdafafa

This is definitely an issue for me. The Apple keyboard cover wasn't available on launch day at my local store, so I got the Logitech and have loved it when using the keyboard. It's been a comparable experience to using the Apple aluminum bluetooth keyboard.

Just updated to 9.2 and the lag is so bad I almost can't type with it. The worst is that it seems to drop characters. Hoping a 9.2.x update fixes this ASAP.

Dec 16, 2015 1:58 AM in response to jeffpooley

Exactly the same issues since updating to iOS 9.2

I spoke to Logitech Support this morning and they didn't seem to have a clue about the problem. I was using my iPad Pro nearly all day for typing instead of my laptop, but now it is literally useless unless I carry around my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. If this is an issue with iOS then a fix needs to happen quick as it seems to be widely reported.

The sad thing is that the Apple Keyboard Cover works without a fault, but you can't get hold of them in the UK at the moment!! Everyone is stuck who purchased the Logitech CREATE in the UK as currently order times are 4-5 weeks for the Apple Keyboard Cover. Not to mention the Apple Stores I visited are actively pushing you towards the Logitech one as they don't have another alternative!

Dec 16, 2015 6:00 AM in response to jeffpooley

Same issue here. Since ios 9.2 the Logitech CREATE is near useless. The magnitude of lagg and/or dropped keystrokes seem to differ based on what application is being used. Currently, in this web form, i would say its dropping every 10 keys. Working in Office (Word, specifically) is my worst experience yet, where I've simply given up (typing in Notes, split-view, and pasting content in word). Not exactly the productivity boost one was hoping for when purchasing equipment for 1000+USD.

The logitech CREATE keyboard is _the only_ keyboard sold for the iPad Pro in my region (Sweden), through Apple Store, due to lack of Swedish keyboard layout on the Apple one.

Introducing a bug is one thing, but keeping the cutomer base out of the loop on when/how we can expect this issue to be resolved - thats unacceptable.

iOS 9.2 causing lag in Logitech Create keyboard for iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.