Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X loading projects slow after bootcamp.

Hey everyone,

Running the newest version of Logic Pro X on a 2012 15" Retina MBP. Recently, I went through the boot camp process and partitioned a small part of my drive for Windows 8. I still have about 50gb free on my Mac partition. However, projects in Logic Pro X have been loading a lot slower (specifically the loading bar with the plugins), and the performance has also suffered.

Quick back story, when boot camp first finished, Logic Pro X wouldn't even open. It would sit on the splash startup screen saying "updating information about Audio Unit Plugins" and then crash. However, Logic 9 did not have this issue. I was on the previous update of Logic Pro X, so I updated to the newest version (10.2.1), which solved that problem, but then came the slow startup of projects and noticeable decrease in performance.

I have tried repairing disk permissions, re indexing spotlight, re evaluating all audio units, deleting and reinstalling Logic Pro X, updating the system from Mavericks to the latest El Capitan, but nothing has worked. The weirdest part is Logic Pro 9 seems unaffected by all of this, and runs just fine.

Has anybody else run into this? Or have any other suggestions of what to try before deleting the boot camp partition?

Thanks!

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 1:47 PM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2016 2:11 PM in response to Alexklingle

From this board alone there are several reports of decreased performance/higher CPU use after the latest Logic update. (regardless of running Bootcamp or not.) I can tell you from experience that creating a partition on an existing drive involves moving files and creating contiguous space almost always causes the drive to perform less efficiently. (longer loading times)

Logic Pro X 10.2.1 update system overload problem

Logic Pro x 10.2.1 System overload :-(

10.2.1 - System Overload issue

Feb 9, 2016 2:49 PM in response to Alexklingle

Not really, it's possible a background process running on your main account is interfering with load times but you would have use "Activity Monitor" to compare running processes/CPU use from both accounts, a bit of a chore. It's also possible said background processes are using up a lot more of your RAM causing OSX to use a disk based swap file, which would also slow down load time.

Logic Pro X loading projects slow after bootcamp.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.