Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod 2nd generation doesnt connect to itunes

ipod touch 2nd generation wont connect to iTunes....and it has all my music on it. all my purchased music from many many years ago doesn't show up in the new updated iTunes.

iPod touch (2nd generation), iOS 4.2, model MB533LL

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 5:07 PM

9 replies

Apr 27, 2016 5:55 PM in response to lllaass

Well,

Just charged my 2G iPod Touch (I hadn't charged and powered this up in awhile) it's still working and tried it today, again, on my iMac, with latest iTunes, known good 30 pin dock connector and nothing.

iTunes won't see it even when I launch iTunes manually.

Plus, I have photos on this iPod and even iPhoto won't even launch and won't still see my iPod when I launch iPhoto manually.

That is why I got frustrated with it last year with this thing not working any longer with my iMac and went and purchased a new 6th gen iPod Touch.

That because my 2nd gen iPod Touch was only an 8 GB model and my new one is a 64 GB model, now.

No issues.

Apr 27, 2016 12:51 AM in response to Kara Anniboli

What computer OS and version?

have yo connected to another computer to see if iTunes will see it?

I have not seen a problem here of iTunes not seeing an iPod. However, there are some problems with syncing a 1G iPod with iTunes 12.3.

Syncing 1G iPod touch with iTunes 12.3

If you don‘t see your connected device in iTunes for Mac

Or

First:

iTunes: Fix iPhone or iPod Not Detected in Windows 10

next try

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Missing

last

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows

- I would start with

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

- New cable and different USB port

Also see:

iPod not recognised by windows iTunes - ASC

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

- Try on another computer to help determine if computer or iPod problem

Apr 27, 2016 3:28 AM in response to lllaass

I am using iTunes on a Mac and iTunes stopped "seeing" my 2nd gen iPod Touch, long ago.

I want to say when iTunes 10 was introduced, but it may have been when iTunes 11 came out.

Since that time, no later versions of iTunes detects or "sees" my 2nd gen iPod Touch any longer.

It is running the last 4.2,1 version of iOS.

Haven't been able to use it, basically, since I purchased my late 2009 iMac back in 2012 and had installed later versions of iTunes than my old G4 PowerMac had on OS X 10.5.8.

ipod 2nd generation doesnt connect to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.