Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification Code Window not showing up for iMessage

Hello There,

I am having a interesting issue which I have been unable to solve or find and answer too.

I have had 2 step auth running perfectly for a number of years, I have my macbook, iPhone and a number of devices all setup.

My issue, on my macbook my iMessage (and FaceTime) app is not active (was previously). When I open the iMessage app it shows my history but it is not logged in. I goto

* Messages -> preferences

* click Sign in.

* I get a message telling me a "an Apple id verification code is required".

* However, when I click "Ok" to clear the above window, no window pops up to allow me to actually input the verification code.

* The code is sent successfully to my phone by the way. In all other use cases the 2 step auth works fine (i.e. appleid.apple.com).

I am at a bit of a loss. I cannot use FaceTime or iMessage on my macbook (however they work fine on my iPhone / iPad).

I've a feeling I am missing something simple on the mac, any help will be very welcome!

Thanks!
Jason

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on May 17, 2016 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2017 2:36 PM

I typed the correct password and It sends the verification code to my phone.

"Did you forget your password?

Your password was entered incorrectly more than once. For your protection, you will need to retrieve it before continuing to use the App Store."

How this can be possible?

35 replies

Jun 30, 2017 3:41 AM in response to gail from maine

Hi, Gail

You seem to be the one with the answers, my mum is trying to sign into her macbook with her icloud and is finding that she can't actually type in the verification code she received because a text field to type it in has not appeared- the process provides no space for her to actually input the verification code. We have tried inputing her password and code in the same password field in the ways suggested above but this has not worked, and I was just wondering if you knew of any other ways to fix this? Or if you knew anyone else with the same problem who has fixed it?

Thanks so much and sorry to bother you,

Alba

Mar 6, 2018 1:43 PM in response to neomut

I cant believe this worked, but it DID in fact work.

Just to be clear in case someone else comes across this, and surely they will, especially an iOS device that is not current and up to date (i.e. 9.x.x or 10.x.x) you Do in fact need to type your password and then immediately after the verification. So for example if you password is iLoveWeed and the verification is 983-475 then you would literally need to type iLoveWeed983475 in the password field.

Its crazy, but it does work!!

Verification Code Window not showing up for iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.