Announcement: Get ready for iOS 13 and iPadOS

Brand new features for your iPhone and iPad are coming soon. Learn what you need to do >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Notes app disappeared completely!

I have an iPhone 6s running the latest iOS (10.1.1) and recently my notes app has disappeared, I think it's probably related with the new operating system, the fact is that I can't find the app on the iPhone. I already tried searching for it on the phone with no success. In the mail app they don't have the backup of my recent notes and I don't have them synced with iCloud.

Does anyone know how can I get my notes back?

Thanks!

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.1.1, null

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 25, 2017 7:51 PM in response to brenden dv In response to brenden dv

I am also having this issue. All of a sudden I realized my Notes app was gone from its place and I searched everywhere for it. I couldn't find it, so I redownloaded it from the App Store, but I realized none of my notes were there. I tried checking a backup from iCloud and Mail, but nothing. I had many very important notes that are now all gone and I'm really scared that I won't be able to get them back. What should I do???

May 8, 2017 9:17 PM in response to lfnolan In response to lfnolan

Me too. Judging by the lack of response I'm gonna guess the notes are gone? Ugh. If there is no way to get them back can I at least back them up off my computer? What would be the process of doing this without erasing all the notes from my computer as well?

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Solved

Nov 2, 2016 11:20 AM in response to mia_almeida In response to mia_almeida

Hello mia_almeida,
Thanks for asking about your missing Notes app here in the Apple Support Communities. Since iOS 10, you can now remove most the built in Apple apps. This article tells you about this: Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS device with iOS 10. To get your Notes app back, go to the App Store and search for the app. Tap User uploaded file to restore the app.
Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

Nov 2, 2016 11:20 AM

Reply Helpful (21)

Apr 25, 2017 7:51 PM in response to brenden dv In response to brenden dv

I am also having this issue. All of a sudden I realized my Notes app was gone from its place and I searched everywhere for it. I couldn't find it, so I redownloaded it from the App Store, but I realized none of my notes were there. I tried checking a backup from iCloud and Mail, but nothing. I had many very important notes that are now all gone and I'm really scared that I won't be able to get them back. What should I do???

Apr 25, 2017 7:51 PM

Reply Helpful (38)

May 8, 2017 9:17 PM in response to lfnolan In response to lfnolan

Me too. Judging by the lack of response I'm gonna guess the notes are gone? Ugh. If there is no way to get them back can I at least back them up off my computer? What would be the process of doing this without erasing all the notes from my computer as well?

May 8, 2017 9:17 PM

Reply Helpful (16)

May 17, 2017 8:29 PM in response to dmarioni In response to dmarioni

When on your main home page, swipe left and you should come to a page where there is a search bar. Type in 'notes' and you should at least be able to get to your notes. I haven't figured out how to put the icon back on my home screen, though.....hope this helps!

May 17, 2017 8:29 PM

Reply Helpful (6)

May 17, 2017 8:53 PM in response to Webberfan4 In response to Webberfan4

Not working here... and I don't have any backed up on iCloud.

I wonder if there's a way to sync to my computer to get my old notes. Or if I sync with my phone the notes will then be deleted off my computer too...

May 17, 2017 8:53 PM

Reply Helpful (4)

May 26, 2017 8:35 AM in response to brenden dv In response to brenden dv

My notes app disappeared as well. I downloaded a third-party software Dr. Fone data recovery which was supposed to help me find all my missing notes. I Found notes that I had deleted in my notes app a couple years ago but none of the current ones that disappeared were there. They are gone !

May 26, 2017 8:35 AM

Reply Helpful

Jun 5, 2017 10:57 PM in response to mykotronian In response to mykotronian

I had the same thing happen to me a couple weeks back and what helped me was that I had an encrypted backup of my iPhone on my iTunes (unfortunately for me it was from a few months back) but I restored my phone with that backup and I got my most precious notes recovered.

Jun 5, 2017 10:57 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: mia_almeida

Question: Notes app disappeared completely!