Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

make a genius bar appointment

iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on May 1, 2017 3:37 AM

81 replies

Apr 26, 2018 7:30 AM in response to fbwerks

No one here can make an appointment for you. You start by going to http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar and start a request. If that doesn't seem to help, then use the https://getsupport.apple.com/ link to contact Apple.

This is a user to user support forum, and Apple does not participate here. Also, posting your personal information on a public, international forum is an open invitation to spam. I've asked the hosts to edit it.

Apr 26, 2018 7:33 AM in response to fbwerks

Since you got to this site, what problems do you have trying to schedule an appointment? I have requested the forum host to remove your e-mail address and phone number before you become the victim of identity theft, especially since you also included your full name. This is a world wide public forum.

May 13, 2018 3:16 AM in response to kb1951

I went on Voiceover to read a Kindle Book while mowing the yard on my lawn tractor. My phone locked up and I tried to set a genious bar appointment but could not as it kept pushing me to chat. I was on chat from 3 AM to 7 AM to get the phone unlocked. I spoke with a number of apple employees but constantly got disconnected and had to start over with each one (no case history). No one knew anything till the last guy at 7 am. I did not go into work and slept all day.

Apple, you're killing me, you're killing me.

Also, my voice pass log on to Apple Care started going down about every other call and then simply stopped working about 6 months ago. After about 100 phone calls, I simply gave up and accepted it. Now I have to read off my computers serial number which apple can never once understand. Draconian for a supposedly good computer company. I just hope apple doesn't build a robot which will chase me around till it too locks up. I have a Mac Book Pro and an iPhone X. Oh yea, they screwed me on One to One when the discontinued the program after one year, Their response "Sue us".

May 13, 2018 3:27 AM in response to Tsar777

Why can't apple put a decent battery in their phone or have a version with a big assed battery and a 1" thick phone if needed. It seems that each iteration of iPhone that I get has worse battery life. The x is a disaster. I carry a couple of charging batteries around with me at all times kind of like having two bricks in my pants pockets.

Apple is bound and determined to make thinner phones and we are screaming out for more battery like. I have had three Mophie cases and they kill the signal and all three sided in a month. Sorry, I am not buying a fourth one. I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday. Well, I sort of did since I am on my 7th iPhone. Ill try an Android next time. You let me down apple. I have all apple computers.

May 13, 2018 6:07 AM in response to kb1951

I've tried all this stuff before and it makes a slight difference. But the problem remains, the phone just has too small of a battery for my needs. I should at least be allowed to pay $2,000 for an inch thick phone with a big assed battery. After all, isn't apple in business to make money? Why not give us what we want. Everyone over 30 complains about battery life and for those of us who carry our phone in a leather case on our belt, we would never notice the extra weight or size. I am constantly on the lookout for new power rocks etc. The disconnect between apple and its older customers is amazing. Also, no % of battery charge on the initial screen, you have to swipe it down and to the left to see the percentage. One would think that with this critical flaw (poor battery life) they would have left the % of charge on the screen. No. Its like apple wants to bury the problem.

May 13, 2018 6:11 AM in response to Tsar777

Apples other favorite trick is to make certain number tiny. A few phones back the time on the phone was minute, tiny. I had to put on my glasses to see what time it was every time I pulled my phone out and there was plenty of space to put large digits. When Bill Gates started getting old, at some point he began making the characters larger as his eye sight got bad. But no with apple. Not only do they want to make the phone thickness smaller, they want to make the numbers on the phone smaller. Wake up apple!!! Talk to your older customers. Not everyone that buys your phones is 20. please, please, please listen to us. We beg you to listen to your customers.

May 13, 2018 6:52 AM in response to Tsar777

Another problem, I used to be able to call apple care and Voicepass would recognize my phone number and associate it with my computer serial number and put me straight thru. Then this began failing and I would get it reset. Now it has completely failed for the last 6 months or so. I have sent in complaint emails and to no avail.

It is particularly frustrating as when I read off the serial number it cannot recognize that I am saying "8". Then it always says "I didn't quite get that, if you said 8, push 1 if not push 2". This is a small matter but it seems like we are going backwards here. It worked perfectly for years and now does not and I can't converse with Apple to get it fixed. Very frustrating for a customer to be left out in the cold.

May 13, 2018 7:07 AM in response to Tsar777

Tsar777 wrote:

So how do we get thru to Apple to let them know we are unhappy customers regarding them taking away the battery % of charge in the upper right corner. Is trying to give feedback even a waste of time.

You don't. You post feedback in the feedback link. And you will not get a response from Apple after giving feedback.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.