Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audi MMI and iOS 11

Updated to iOS 11. Now my iPhone won’t play on my Audi (2015 A6) MMI system. Audi or Apple’s issue?

Posted on Sep 20, 2017 7:48 AM

64 replies

Sep 21, 2017 7:09 AM in response to Martin Toal

Hi Martin!

I understand that your iPhone isn't connecting to your car stereo, and I'm happy to help. Please follow all of the relevant instructions in this support article, including contacting Audi to inquire about a firmware update if necessary.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Sep 27, 2017 4:23 PM in response to Martin Toal

I'm having this exact same issue. My 2014 A6 connects but I can't see the track info or switch between songs.

Also, it keeps switching from spotify to apple music as if I just connected and had no music app open.

I've tried (in this order):

• Disconnecting and reconnecting
  • Restarting the phone (completely powered off and back on)
  • Un-pairing and re-pairing

Nov 13, 2017 5:31 AM in response to Martin Toal

Just wanted to report my status quo ...

My "setup":

• Audi A3 Sportback (8VA, 2015)
  • MMI+ Touch with software version MHIG_EU_AU_P1544
  • iPhone 7 with iOS 11.1.1
  • MMI cable with yellow collar (AUDI part number 4F0051510AL)

Functionality:

• Music playback works, but from time to time titles are skipped or start from the beginning for no obvious reason.
  • No cover artwork, neither via cable nor via Bluetooth connection!

An earlier workaround using the MMI cable with red collar and dock connector (AUDI part number 4F0051510R) in connection with an Apple dock-to-lightning adapter cable is not working any longer. This workaround used to work like a charm including cover artwork.

I already got in touch with AUDI, but there is nothing but silence from their end ... 😟

Oct 1, 2017 1:52 AM in response to raina_b22

This seems to be a problem for a lot of people, I connect my iPhone 6 via the custom lead supplied by Audi (not a USB which has a lightning connector to then attach it to the phone) this then operates apple music through the screen in the car and voice control making it hands free - I cannot connect via bluetooth as the car only supports 1 blue tooth device and I need my business phone connected to it during the working week. Since updating to iOS 11.0.1 I get an error message saying the device is not supported. Do you know if there has been a software update issues to Audi - I assume they would have worked with apple on it? I am in an Audi A4 2014.

Oct 17, 2017 1:05 PM in response to Martin Toal

Hi Martin, cdn_tech_guy, and all

I tried to reboot the MMI system and the iPhone successfully was recognized, but that lasted only until I disconnected the iPhone and tried to reconnect it again. Now the same error appears "iPod not supported" on the Audi MMI (2015 Audi Q3) system.

The connection via Bluetooth continues to function, I am able to listen to music (only skip forward or backwards) and am able to initiate and receive bluetooth calls.. but the physical connection to the Audi MMI system no longer seems supported.

Am I missing something?

Nov 19, 2017 10:41 AM in response to _Wayne

Went to my Audi dealer and he contacted the Audi headquarters in Germany. The problem in known by Audi and would be due to the proprietary cable used to connect the iPhone to the MMI. Since the last changes in IOS 11 that cable is not compatible anymore.

My dealer said that Audi is working on a new cable but it will take time to get released and we will have to pay for it...

Thank you Apple for making the IOS 11 not compatible with some bird equipment and thank you Audi for being so slow on solving this and having us to pay for the fix 😡

Nov 23, 2017 8:29 PM in response to Mbv911

Same problem here! Brand new A1 (2017, model year 2018, MMI version RMC_EU_P16342) and iPhone 7 with iOS 11.1.2.

Phone is recognized and MMI starts to play and control the music but every now and then the MMI disconnects from the phone and then connects back again... very very bad!

Anyone knows something about fixing this particular issue?

Thanks!

Audi MMI and iOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.