Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: When cold flash not working IPhone 8+

Does anyone has the Same problem ? When it’s cold outside my iPhone 8+ Flash isn’t working. Even when it’s dark no flash when taking a picture. As soon as I’m inside my house and the phone gets warmer the flash works again. The flashlight is working normal.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 2, 2017 1:54 AM in response to djtwok In response to djtwok

I have same problem. iPhone 8 64Gb device in Hungary! Weather 6 Cellsius degrees outside. Flash dont work, the lamp stilworking only the flash when i whis take a photo dont work! All devices in my enviroment (6piece!!!***!) make this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When i go inside 20-22 Celsius waiting 2 min and the flash still working!

Nov 12, 2017 1:04 PM in response to djtwok In response to djtwok

Hi djtwok,
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you are having some issues with the flash on your iPhone when it is cold out. I'm not sure how cold we are talking, but you may want to make sure that you are using your iPhone within the range outlined below:

Environmental Requirements

• Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
  • Nonoperating temperature: −4° to 113° F (−20° to 45° C)
  • Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
  • Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet (3000 m)

iPhone 8 - Technical Specifications - Apple

Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior to regulate its temperature. Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range might temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off. Battery life will return to normal when you bring the device back to higher ambient temperatures.

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support
Regards.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Nov 12, 2017 1:04 PM in response to djtwok In response to djtwok

Hi djtwok,
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you are having some issues with the flash on your iPhone when it is cold out. I'm not sure how cold we are talking, but you may want to make sure that you are using your iPhone within the range outlined below:

Environmental Requirements

• Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
  • Nonoperating temperature: −4° to 113° F (−20° to 45° C)
  • Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
  • Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet (3000 m)

iPhone 8 - Technical Specifications - Apple

Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior to regulate its temperature. Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range might temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off. Battery life will return to normal when you bring the device back to higher ambient temperatures.

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support
Regards.

Nov 12, 2017 1:04 PM

Reply Helpful (8)

Nov 20, 2017 7:37 AM in response to djtwok In response to djtwok

I'm seeing this exact problem on two iPhone 8. We are currently at about 5°C over here and the LED flash does not work until the phone gets into a warmer environment again. There is no error message or anything.

Unfortunately Apple doesn't seem to be aware of this problem at all currently.

Nov 20, 2017 7:37 AM

Reply Helpful (4)

Dec 1, 2017 10:24 AM in response to djtwok In response to djtwok

I’m having the same problem Apple swapped my iPhone 8+.. same problem still only seems to happen when I’m outside at night in the dark when it’s cold after my phone gets back to normal temperature flash works again .. I’ve videod it on my partners phone to take in to show Apple tomorrow as they won’t be able to see this fault with my phone unless they go outside for an hour with it at night ..

Dec 1, 2017 10:24 AM

Reply Helpful (3)

Dec 1, 2017 10:50 AM in response to djtwok In response to djtwok

Same problém on my new iPhone x. Not flashing when i take a picture in cold outside but when i came home everything works like a charm. Very frustrated from this issue. But when i try to use torch on my iPhone x in cold weather works OK, only flashing in camera app dont work.

Dec 1, 2017 10:50 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 2, 2017 1:54 AM in response to djtwok In response to djtwok

I have same problem. iPhone 8 64Gb device in Hungary! Weather 6 Cellsius degrees outside. Flash dont work, the lamp stilworking only the flash when i whis take a photo dont work! All devices in my enviroment (6piece!!!***!) make this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When i go inside 20-22 Celsius waiting 2 min and the flash still working!

Dec 2, 2017 1:54 AM

Reply Helpful (9)

Dec 2, 2017 4:48 AM in response to djtwok In response to djtwok

The iOS 11.2 does not solve the problem... in the Apple engineering read this ****?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Dec 2, 2017 4:48 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: djtwok

Question: When cold flash not working IPhone 8+