Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Win10 1709 no Bluetooth w/ 2016 13" MBP (Touch Bar)

2016 13" MacBook Pro (touchbar) running macOS 10.13.3, with a Boot Camp partition.

While at the office, I use an external display and Apple Bluetooth keyboard. When running Windows 10 1703 via Boot Camp, the Apple Bluetooth keyboard works normally.

If I upgrade to Windows 10 1709 ("Fall Creator's Update"), the Bluetooth keyboard will fail to function (although it is listed as connected in the Windows Devices control panel). Re-installing Boot Camp drivers does not resolve the issue. Restoring back to Win 10 1703 will restore bluetooth functionality (but is not a long-term fix). I've even gone so far as to clean install macOS and Win10, but the problem returns as soon as I update to Win 10 1709.

I also have a Late 2013 27" iMac running Win10 1709 via Boot Camp, which does not have this issue. However, I've seen multiple reports from iMac Pro users with the same issue (loss of bluetooth functionality with Win10 1709).

We saw an update to Boot Camp shortly after the 1703 release, but I've seen no update for 1709. I saw a forum post from Sept 2017 reporting a similar issue, but no resolution.

Posted on Jan 29, 2018 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2018 7:07 PM

No pending Apple Software Update updates.

I disabled BT/WiFi collaboration. No change.

However, I did forget about the ****** "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" setting. That seems to have done the trick (at home, but using my BT Mouse).

For the viewers at home:

Start Menu, type "Device Manager", open it.

Scroll down to Bluetooth, click the triangle to get the sub-devices

Select Bluetooth Radio, open that

Pick the "Power Management" tab

Make sure that "Allow the computer to turn this off this device to save power" is NOT checked.

I'll report back when I'm in the office again with my BT keyboard. Thanks, @LonerT

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2018 7:07 PM in response to Loner T

No pending Apple Software Update updates.

I disabled BT/WiFi collaboration. No change.

However, I did forget about the ****** "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" setting. That seems to have done the trick (at home, but using my BT Mouse).

For the viewers at home:

Start Menu, type "Device Manager", open it.

Scroll down to Bluetooth, click the triangle to get the sub-devices

Select Bluetooth Radio, open that

Pick the "Power Management" tab

Make sure that "Allow the computer to turn this off this device to save power" is NOT checked.

I'll report back when I'm in the office again with my BT keyboard. Thanks, @LonerT

Win10 1709 no Bluetooth w/ 2016 13" MBP (Touch Bar)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.