Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth no longer working after upgrading to Windows 10 build 1809

Hello everyone 🙂

I know this question might be odd (asking about Windows) 😝

I have a Macbook Pro 15" 2017 with macOS Mojave and Windows 10 Pro 1803 and everything is working perfectly.

Just yesterday, Microsoft released a major update for Windows 10 with build 1809. I ran the update via Windows Update and everything was OK, except that after the update Bluetooth stop working completely! The behavior was: the Bluetooth adapter of Macbook could be seen in Device Manager, but none of Bluetooth device was recognized (Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse and my wireless headset). I tried to reinstall Boot Camp Support Software (the driver) but it was the same. This is not a hardware issue since I'm typing this post with the same Bluetooth devices from macOS.

I decided to trash the current Boot Camp installation and download the ISO of Windows 1809 from Microsoft website, and install Windows from scratch. Everything was smooth, Boot Camp Support Software was installed automatically. But the issue comes again: Bluetooth adapter recognized and driver installed, but none of Bluetooth device is working. Even pairing new Bluetooth device is not working.

Is there anyone has the same issue with me? Do you know any solution?

Thanks a lot 🙂

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), macOS Mojave (10.14), null

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2018 7:15 AM

Finally I resolved this, after browsing through many topics & forums:

1. Boot to macOS and:

- Remove any bluetooth keyboard/mouse that has been paired (Magic Keyboard & Magic Mouse included)

- Shut down the Mac completely.

2. Perform an SMC reset

3. Boot again but to Windows this time:

- Go to Device Manager, select the main bluetooth adapter ("Bluetooth Radio" or "Apple... Bluetooth) under the Bluetooth section and open its Properties. Go to Power Management tab and uncheck the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device..."

- Select the WiFi adapter under the Network Adapters section (it should be "Broadcom 802.11ac...") and open its Properties. Under Advanced tab, choose Bluetooth Collaboration and set it to "Disabled".

4. Reboot the Mac and boot to Windows. This time it should be able to pair with any Bluetooth device.

5. Once done, reboot to macOS and reconnect any removed device in step #1.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2018 7:15 AM in response to Penguin Mumble

Finally I resolved this, after browsing through many topics & forums:

1. Boot to macOS and:

- Remove any bluetooth keyboard/mouse that has been paired (Magic Keyboard & Magic Mouse included)

- Shut down the Mac completely.

2. Perform an SMC reset

3. Boot again but to Windows this time:

- Go to Device Manager, select the main bluetooth adapter ("Bluetooth Radio" or "Apple... Bluetooth) under the Bluetooth section and open its Properties. Go to Power Management tab and uncheck the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device..."

- Select the WiFi adapter under the Network Adapters section (it should be "Broadcom 802.11ac...") and open its Properties. Under Advanced tab, choose Bluetooth Collaboration and set it to "Disabled".

4. Reboot the Mac and boot to Windows. This time it should be able to pair with any Bluetooth device.

5. Once done, reboot to macOS and reconnect any removed device in step #1.

Bluetooth no longer working after upgrading to Windows 10 build 1809

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.