Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Agent, Other Calendar Processes, and CPU

This is a long-running issue but posting again to see if there's any new news. Using a 2017 MacBook Pro with 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5. Calendar Agent and other calendar processes heat up the MacBook and pin the CPU.

Advice?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jan 30, 2018 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2018 6:15 AM

This, a few times from here: High CPU and battery drain in Sierra for CalendarAgent, and CalNCService

"Via: https://robert.accettura.com/blog/2012/08/19/how-to-stop-calendaragent-from-eati ng-cpu/

CalendarAgent is essentially Calendar’s backend (that’s how it’s also able to power the notification center). The best resolution I’ve found is to completely clear out the calendar and recreate it. Process I used was as follows:

1. Remove the Calendar from “Mail, Contacts & Calendars” pref panel (just uncheck from the account). Then go into Calendar and make sure the account is removed. If it’s not, remove it.
  2. Delete ~/Library/Calendars/
  3. Delete ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iCal.plist
  4. Go back into the “Mail, Contacts & Calendars” pref panel, put the calendar back. Give it some time to download."
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2018 6:15 AM in response to Tesserax

This, a few times from here: High CPU and battery drain in Sierra for CalendarAgent, and CalNCService

"Via: https://robert.accettura.com/blog/2012/08/19/how-to-stop-calendaragent-from-eati ng-cpu/

CalendarAgent is essentially Calendar’s backend (that’s how it’s also able to power the notification center). The best resolution I’ve found is to completely clear out the calendar and recreate it. Process I used was as follows:

1. Remove the Calendar from “Mail, Contacts & Calendars” pref panel (just uncheck from the account). Then go into Calendar and make sure the account is removed. If it’s not, remove it.
  2. Delete ~/Library/Calendars/
  3. Delete ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iCal.plist
  4. Go back into the “Mail, Contacts & Calendars” pref panel, put the calendar back. Give it some time to download."

Jan 30, 2018 7:17 PM in response to hp12c

Try running this program in your normal user account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Calendar Agent, Other Calendar Processes, and CPU

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.