Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID doesn’t work anymore

Hello! I own an IPhone SE, 16GB and until today I had the latest iOS 10 installed on it. Now I have iOS 11.2 and after the update my Touch ID fails to work. Not even when I try to add a new fingerprint. It just can’t recognize any finger given. What can I do? I tried to hard reset it but it didn’t work. Should I run a backup on it? It also says when I hard reset it that “touch id cannot be activated on this iPhone”. I tried everything in your guide on how to use Touch ID. I’m waiting for an answer as soon as possible. Thank you!

iPhone SE, iOS 11.2

Posted on Jan 31, 2018 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2018 6:58 AM

Greetings EdwardCod,

If you have read Apple’s article Get help with Touch ID on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support and have tried everything it says, you may need to take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support. Their Apple support is available 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Central time.

Good luck,

Adrian

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2018 6:58 AM in response to EdwardCod

Greetings EdwardCod,

If you have read Apple’s article Get help with Touch ID on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support and have tried everything it says, you may need to take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support. Their Apple support is available 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Central time.

Good luck,

Adrian

Touch ID doesn’t work anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.