Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro "Not Charging"?

Recently bought a iPad Pro 9.7" in like-new, open box from a very reputable seller (based on the amount that was sold and their high feedback rating) online and for some reason, I am encountering a "Not Charging" problem. I am using the 12W power brick that is included, it appears to be new in its plastic wrapping.

I've tried the following in an attempt to figure out the issue:

- Using different Lightning Cables, did not work

- Using the reverse side of the Lightning Cable, did not work

- Using the iPhone power brick, did not work

- Plugging into different power outlets, did not work

- Unplugging all other chargers surrounding the outlet, did not work

- Plugging into a Portable Charger, did not work

- Restarting the device, did not work

However, one thing I've noticed is that when the charging does work, after a while it will stop charging and show the Not Charging issue.

Currently running on 11.2.2, if this info helps. As of right now, I am charging my iPhone on the same outlet shared with the iPad Pro and the iPhone is charging fine as usual with no problem.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.2, null

Posted on Jan 31, 2018 7:43 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 1, 2018 11:12 PM in response to ktmei

I’ve been having this same issue and only for the past week or two. Initially, it would just be an intermittent “not charging” after it had been charging for awhile. This morning, I got “not charging” from the time I plugged it in. I’ve tried a new cable, new charger and cleaned out the port. I’ve had this iPad Pro since last January And it’s always charged just fine until now. Not sure if an update caused this or what, but it’s both alarming and annoying. ETA: iPhone 6 charges fine using the same cable and charging station. I also tried restarting my pad and nothing changed. This is definitely something new and until I saw this post, I thought maybe my charging port was bad.

iPad Pro "Not Charging"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.