Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo dans High Sierra très lent

J'étais avec El Capitan, maintenant avec High Sierra 13.3 photos devient extrêmem

ent lent, que faire?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), High Sierra 13.3

Posted on Feb 1, 2018 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2018 4:20 PM

Google translation

I have for several years picked up more than 100,000 photos; most in JPG but several recent in raw. Is the software slowed down by looking for face recognition? I do not need this feature classifying myself the people photographed in albums. I have 3TB of internal memory and under El captan.

No, I do not use iCloud Photo.

Thank you

With over 100,000 it will be weeks or even months) before all scanning is complete to finish the move to High Sierra

The scanning is much more than just face recognization although that is part of it - but in any case it is part of Photos and not subject to any user control

LN

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2018 4:20 PM in response to normand259

Google translation

I have for several years picked up more than 100,000 photos; most in JPG but several recent in raw. Is the software slowed down by looking for face recognition? I do not need this feature classifying myself the people photographed in albums. I have 3TB of internal memory and under El captan.

No, I do not use iCloud Photo.

Thank you

With over 100,000 it will be weeks or even months) before all scanning is complete to finish the move to High Sierra

The scanning is much more than just face recognization although that is part of it - but in any case it is part of Photos and not subject to any user control

LN

Feb 1, 2018 3:00 PM in response to normand259

Google translation

Photo in High Sierra very slow

I was with El Capitan, now with High Sierra 13.3 photos becomes extrememem

slow, what to do?

1 - there are several similar comments - some have found that 10.13.3 resolved it or helped and other found it the same

2 - in any case there is a lot of background work going on right after you upgrade and that can take days or even weeks for a large library - until the background processes complete things will be slower and as they complete things will speed up - so the first thing to do is keep the Mac powered and awake and give it some time -- how many photos and videos do you have in your library? Are you using iCloud Photo library or not?

LN

Feb 1, 2018 3:49 PM in response to LarryHN

J'ai depuis plusieurs années ramassé plus de 100,000 photos; la plupart en JPG mais plusieurs récentes en raw. Le logiciel est-il ralenti par la recherche de reconnaissance des visages? Je n'ai pas besoin de cette fonction classant moi même les personnes photographiées dans des albums. J'ai 3To de mémoire interne et sous El captan.

Non, je n'utilise pas iCloud Photo.

Merci !

Feb 1, 2018 8:10 PM in response to normand259

google translation

it's strange all the same, when I installed El Capitan, I did not have this problem of excessive slowness which persists and which makes me (for the moment) regretted to have installed

New and different software with new and different capabilities and new and different requirements - no reason to think that what happened with any other software applies to any other software

LN

Photo dans High Sierra très lent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.